When is filing not worth it

YourCO

I'm over 9.5 a lot and on the list, but the route is typically not dispatched to be that bad, I'm just extremely slow. I understand the difficulty of dispatching a slow cover driver w under 9.5, but I also don't like 14 hour days every day. I'm still in progression and don't want an additional target on my back for being not only slow but also a pain, but I also don't want to be shi* on forever. Is it ever worth it to not file?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
mqdefault.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Fyi, they overload newer cut drivers because they are less likely to kick the dispatcher's door in and scream about their load. Keep working safe, follow the methods, file every 9.5 grievance you can.

ManInBrown

I'm over 9.5 a lot and on the list, but the route is typically not dispatched to be that bad, I'm just extremely slow. I understand the difficulty of dispatching a slow cover driver w under 9.5, but I also don't like 14 hour days every day. I'm still in progression and don't want an additional target on my back for being not only slow but also a pain, but I also don't want to be shi* on forever. Is it ever worth it to not file?
Never, let me repeat, never opt onto the 9.5 list and not file if you’re violated. That’s the worst thing you can do. They know you’re a scaredy cat if you do that. If you get on that list, you best file every single time, or they’ll bury you worse than the driver who isn’t even on the 9.5

rod

Retired 22 years
If the kid admits he is "extremely slow" his days are numbered. May as well start looking for a new job.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Edit*

File away! But honestly, no one else’s opinion matters, if you feel you’re being overdispatched then file, if you like making OT hassle free, then don’t, it’s your choice, no one else’s.

Last edited:

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I thought you couldn’t be fired for moving slow? I’m not a driver, but we got guys inside who literally go at a snail pace .

They can’t fire you for moving slow…but like you have to actually try when you’re a driver or they will constantly harass you