When on Comp, what happens with benefits, Vacations, Pension?

BiH

And, yes, how does that affect sick days, while on comp? Hope I hear more replays from more experience UPSERS. Thx.

I’m not sure about comp , but short term leave/disability you have to use all your sick/personal days up before you start getting a paycheck from them.

Not here. Someone shattered a foot and he used that until disability kicked in. Said he was glad he had that much stored up and was still able to save some. I'm not sure if that's by state or what; and unsure if it backdated to day of incident.

Johney

Here. When on comp days do not accrue to your 156 reports for vacation and after 365 days out they discontinue your benefits and after 2 years they discontinue your comp pay.

BiH

Nothing unless ur out over a year in my area. It varies . Look up ur workers comp laws in ur state
Dude I looked up everything, no info regarding what it may affect, also red the whole contract book, still nothing, as I see a lot of different experiences, different rules throughout the Country, I am here in Cal, Bay Area. Common sense would be that everything should stay same while on workers comp? The problem is, that nobody here can tell for sure.

BiH

Here. When on comp days do not accrue to your 156 reports for vacation and after 365 days out they discontinue your benefits and after 2 years they discontinue your comp pay.
You mean I need 156 working days in a year to earn my vacations for next year?
And in first year of workers comp, Health care stays the same, pension also, still earning sick days?

Maplewood

I'm in the West. After 60 days off you no longer get paid for holidays. Your Medical coverage will lapse the first month do do not work 40 hours, however you can apply for a 90 day waiver from our medical trust up to like 180 days. After 181 days off (6 months) Your vacation acrewed is halved and then further reduced by 1/12 for every month gone after that. No pension contributions except credit up to 500 hrs if you apply for the medical waiver.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm in the West. After 60 days off you no longer get paid for holidays. Your Medical coverage will lapse the first month do do not work 40 hours, however you can apply for a 90 day waiver from our medical trust up to like 180 days. After 181 days off (6 months) Your vacation acrewed is halved and then further reduced by 1/12 for every month gone after that. No pension contributions except credit up to 500 hrs if you apply for the medical waiver.
That’s crap...

Johney

You mean I need 156 working days in a year to earn my vacations for next year?
And in first year of workers comp, Health care stays the same, pension also, still earning sick days?
Yes 156 reports for vaca I'm pretty sure that's standard nation wide(I could be wrong). Health care stays the same,sick time is random nationwide so that I'm not sure of. Pension contributions should stay the same.

Johney

Yike's! You're getting :censored2:ed!