When that time comes?

Shiftless

RETIREMENT !

After just reminiscing about a friend I worked with for decades who just passed away got me thinking???? That four letter word "WHEN" is in everyone's future! Along with, it has been in everyone's past. Some see it and some don't! Are you prepared for "WHEN" or do you live as tho "WHEN" it happens, it happens?

As we age, the perceived thoughts and value's we develop and morph thru the years, still provide NO guaranties or warranties in the Grand Scheme of things.

The past 10 years for me has confirmed many reasons why one should take control of their destiny as young as they can. Having watched some really good friends pass away without the joy of seeing a full life and those who worked right till their death has really cemented the thought that you need to Plan, Stay Busy and Enjoy Life!

So "WHEN" comes to you, what are you gonna do about?

rod

Retired 22 years
For the most part I wouldn't change anything about how my life has transpired. I've lead a more exciting life than probably 90% of other people. I've been places and done things few get to experience. I have absolutely NO regrets about retiring when I was 53. Even though I had a milestone birthday (70) this year I'm not ready for the rocking chair yet. I got a clean bill of health yesterday from my check up and I'm raring to go. I think I will go take a nap.

Shiftless

Wouldn't be my last AMF'ers !

Having worked with guys who were probably similar, I could see them doing it.

Me? NEVER!

Gotta Love having choices!

ski or die

Ski or Die
For the most part I wouldn't change anything about how my life has transpired. I've lead a more exciting life than probably 90% of other people. I've been places and done things few get to experience. I have absolutely NO regrets about retiring when I was 53. Even though I had a milestone birthday (70) this year I'm not ready for the rocking chair yet. I got a clean bill of health yesterday from my check up and I'm raring to go. I think I will go take a nap.
Ok Rod. On a previous thread you mentioned I was an Old Dog because you thought I was older than you. I don't turn 70 until October. I retired when I was 49. So your the Old Timer, I'm still a youngster. Your right, no regrets retiring early. Was young enough to do many things and spend time with family and grandchildren. Still not over the hill yet.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok Rod. On a previous thread you mentioned I was an Old Dog because you thought I was older than you. I don't turn 70 until October. I retired when I was 49. So your the Old Timer, I'm still a youngster. Your right, no regrets retiring early. Was young enough to do many things and spend time with family and grandchildren. Still not over the hill yet.

Damn rookies:rolleyes:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You expecting your Cologuard parcel via UPS this week?
upload_2018-4-12_7-43-27.jpeg

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Actually I have a colonoscopy scheduled for April 23. Anyone want to do the night before prep work for me? Its so fun.

DO NOT let the doctor preform surgery, only to remove nothing butt (pun) polyps. Last colonoscopy, I told the Doctor to fix everything. When I woke up, He had preformed a double, internal hemorrhoidectomy. This is the most pain I have ever had. After 2 years, I am still hesitant to poop because of the memories.

Shiftless

Actually I have a colonoscopy scheduled for April 23. Anyone want to do the night before prep work for me? Its so fun.

You will be fine. I just did mine a couple months ago, 6th one I have had. And they had a new prep that was light years ahead of what they used 2 years ago. AND I am pretty sure the fire hose size probe was a bit smaller!

Good for you for doing it! More SS in your Future!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The doctors name who does my colonoscopys is Anil Singh
Killer.. He will make your anal sing! That would have been one for Leno.