When was your last 8 hr day?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok today is the perfect example I have a 4 hour drive ahead of me after work. Was planning on skipping half my break killing the route today and getting to my destination at a decent hour. Well wrote up my tires last night because the steel belt was showing. Dvir today said tires ordered. I refused to drive the truck until the tires were changed. Half an hour behind immediately. Now if I had an 8.5 hour day I could of burned through the route and been on the road between 5-6. Nope cut a few routes have a ten hour day I'm getting in after midnight so who cares taking all my break working at a nice safe pace all day cause it's hot out.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok today is the perfect example I have a 4 hour drive ahead of me after work. Was planning on skipping half my break killing the route today and getting to my destination at a decent hour. Well wrote up my tires last night because the steel belt was showing. Dvir today said tires ordered. I refused to drive the truck until the tires were changed. Half an hour behind immediately. Now if I had an 8.5 hour day I could of burned through the route and been on the road between 5-6. Nope cut a few routes have a ten hour day I'm getting in after midnight so who cares taking all my break working at a nice safe pace all day cause it's hot out.

Or you could still haul butt-skip breaks and try to get off early as possible----then get even with them on another day----that is always an option. In fact a good old fashion butt chewing is kind of fun when you secretly know you deserve it. Just remember to "act" concerned.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It got to 101 by my thermometer, the radio said 98. My truck in the back said Oh wait it only goes to 120 and it was pegged. I am now on my deck and its 730 something, the passing storms missed us, the humidity was not as high as they predicted, but it was prettty darn hot. its 90 now, but I have cold beer, Daytona nation wide series, and I survived another day. Today their plan....got me off at 6. If it was intentional I need to thank them, but Im guessing it was a mistake. have a great weekend everyone!

jason67rs

Today damn 5:30 baseball games are going to kill me in this heat, but my 10 year old was starting pitcher in opening round of tournaments.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I also got done early on thursday and friday, with heat at 100 or above. Im thinking it was a mistake, if it was their plan, I need to applaud them. Ill have to find out.

barnyard

KTM rider
3 or 4 years ago, the was an effort to get our center under a 9.5 average. Some people wanted the OT, so every week, a bunch of people would get 8 hour days. I had a bunch of paychecks in the 43 hour range. It was pretty effen nice.

The stops per car push ruined that.