When will UPS say you make too much an hour and change the hourly rate format or rate?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and you don't take a lunch, they will take your lunch out automatically so you will only get paid for 8 hours. If your start time is 9 and you get in at 6 and take that lunch to 7, you get paid for 9 hours. You guys get the math now? Its different in certain parts of the country the lunch rules.

You can rationalize it all you want but your lunch needs to be taken during the day, on road.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can get it all done no problem, I just snack during the day and when I get it all done I head in to take my lunch. Id rather get it all done and then take my lunch. I don't like to take an hour during the day and sit on my :censored2:, and then go back to working. Whats the big deal really. You take yours when you want and ill take mine when I want. You people are way too serious dude. Starts off as a different subject and then people get their panties up in a bunch like a bunch of little bitches. Unreal dude lol. I don't care what other people do really, im me and I do my thing the way I do my thing. If people want to take lunch during the day that's cool, and if people want to get get done their work first then take lunch that's cool. Didn't know this was the monkey see monkey doo childrens show.

If you don't want to take the hour all at once break it up in to two 30 minute lunch breaks. I know the DIAD allows you to enter two separate lunch times.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Now on to money I think this next contract they are going to top us out and nothing after that

This next contract you will see a two-tiered wage scale for new FT drivers, with a lower starting wage, longer progression and lower top-out. Wages for present FT drivers will become more stagnant.

Z

ZQXC

If you don't want to take the hour all at once break it up in to two 30 minute lunch breaks. I know the DIAD allows you to enter two separate lunch times.

My diad software allows as many as 4 segments of lunch; I often use them all. Here, lunch is one hour unpaid, and no paid breaks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's what you said last time.

....and I said it because I thought it would happen.....some would say the 4 year progression is a form of a two-tiered wage scale.....all I know is the company and union have to do something to address the wage inequity between us and Ground in order to slow the loss of volume....

Z

ZQXC

....and I said it because I thought it would happen.....some would say the 4 year progression is a form of a two-tiered wage scale.....all I know is the company and union have to do something to address the wage inequity between us and Ground in order to slow the loss of volume....

You get what you pay for.........

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A couple drivers and I were sitting in office tonight taking lunch, and we were talking about how much drivers will be making in the next contract after this one. Interesting discussion really. Are they really going to continue to let drivers keep making more and more money hourly after we start making like over 40 bux an hour?
Maybe not, but say they cap the drivers' raises to 25 cents a year. Would you do the same job for only 3 bucks more an hour in 10 years? Or quit because because you felt you weren't making enough?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I understand that...trust me,not too far behind you. But with this new healthcare, I smell trouble!......Ask me why? Let me tell you about my poorly run,multi employee pension fund =not good!....and thats an understatement!
Agreed...I smell trouble with Teamcrap. I mean, it's May 10th...our plans change in less than 30 days. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've received nothing yet from Teamcare, except a letter from my local telling us how wonderful the coverage is. :bsbullf:

Tough Guy

This next contract you will see a two-tiered wage scale for new FT drivers, with a lower starting wage, longer progression and lower top-out. Wages for present FT drivers will become more stagnant.
Indeed, there is the thought that in yr next contract or two, they may say that any driver hired after certain date, their progression tops out at, say, somewhere around $25 an hour. And all the other drivers from previous contracts will eventually "retire out", and they cycle will eventually repeat itself.

Tough Guy

But a lot of us are desperately trying to get into ft driving before that happens. Some think that they did that "hiring freeze" in order to prepare for that, so there would be less younger guys hanging around for a long time at top rate, after they try to implement a new pay scale.

Quigley

Indeed, there is the thought that in yr next contract or two, they may say that any driver hired after certain date, their progression tops out at, say, somewhere around $25 an hour. And all the other drivers from previous contracts will eventually "retire out", and they cycle will eventually repeat itself.

At one time I was making $1.85 per hour and I thought I was cutting a fat hog. Never in my wildest dream I thought I would ever make almost $34 per hour. Unless you can keep prices from going up you will never see the pay rates go down. By the end of this contract the pay will be almost $38 per hour. To think the new guys will top out at $25 is not reasonable.