When will we learn ?

TheKid

3 drivers in my building fired for being dishonest. 2 of them for "playing games" with NDAs. When will we learn they can watch us all day and that we can't mess around ?

why play games i follow there diad and run my own air we have 1 air driver in are auburn center here in maine covering 60 routes so after running my air i go back to start my ground and before i know ir its 830 pm shame on them for messing with the air the system does catch the dishonest driver but on the other hand protects the honest 1

we not have a bonus system.... we get a time bonus for working over 10 hrs and if you cut a sweetheart deal you never see one but if you dont you see the same 10 to 15 drivers everynite ate 9pm ....... all the ones that took there lunch between the 4th and 5th hr and had to break off for all there committments and they see that read that but cant do a thing about it because the diad is my friend:happy2:

UPSGUY72

why play games i follow there diad and run my own air we have 1 air driver in are auburn center here in maine covering 60 routes so after running my air i go back to start my ground and before i know ir its 830 pm shame on them for messing with the air the system does catch the dishonest driver but on the other hand protects the honest 1

What's he is saying is that the drivers are sheeting the NDA as NI1 or CL1 when they are not even at the place of delivery than delivering the packages later in the day after the commit time all becasue they don't want to waste time running around in the morning delivering there NDA's, Once you sheet a NDA NI1 or CL1 you can sheet again and deliver it after the commit time and it won't be late.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What's he is saying is that the drivers are sheeting the NDA as NI1 or CL1 when they are not even at the place of delivery than delivering the packages later in the day after the commit time all becasue they don't want to waste time running around in the morning delivering there NDA's, Once you sheet a NDA NI1 or CL1 you can sheet again and deliver it after the commit time and it won't be late.

That is definitely not a smart thing to do.

what im saying is i dont get a air driver i got 2 commit times a 1030 and a 1200 committ the 1030 is local to my building the 1200 is 20 miles away ........so management thinks hmmmmmm lets give him the 30 stops between the 2 committs ......... not gonna happen i get as much done as i can til i have to break off to get the 1200 commits then drive to the 1200 area get them done ..... and guess what i have to drive back to where i break off and start over again now im 40 mins away from lunch...... so i tell you what i do there i take a lunch have 31 stops done 97 left a 1340 icover 3 towns 3 town halls 6 schools ...... they all have close times so i break off again and again and again ........... been doing this the past 8 yrs............ never been in office never a verbal never a word said ......... why im doing what im told and when a sup comes with me for 3 days he not only packs a lunch .... he packs a supper toooooo............as for the sweet heart deals thats made by the candy ass driver who cuts a deal with management..... u know the who .... there in every building there the guy who works 8 hrs a day every day...

Omega man

...unless the business does indeed not open until after the commit time.

Any driver doing this and thinking that this is not being monitored is fooling only himself.

This may be OK in your district but it is not allowable in mine. The customer (shipper) pays for you to make the attempt at the location before 1030AM. It is up to them to know whether it will be deliverable at that time or not. What if the receiver came in early because they needed it? I have had NDA for businesses normally closed where they opened early just to receive a special delivery. I had a receiver waiting for a part for a lathe that was needed early so they could meet a deadline. We get paid by the hour to follow UPS directives, not to interpret our own. I always make the attempt at the location before 1030AM even when they may be closed because I get paid to do so, it satisfies the shipper, it gives the receiver additional time to get it, and because it covers my backside.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This may be OK in your district but it is not allowable in mine. The customer (shipper) pays for you to make the attempt at the location before 1030AM. It is up to them to know whether it will be deliverable at that time or not. What if the receiver came in early because they needed it? I have had NDA for businesses normally closed where they opened early just to receive a special delivery. I had a receiver waiting for a part for a lathe that was needed early so they could meet a deadline. We get paid by the hour to follow UPS directives, not to interpret our own. I always make the attempt at the location before 1030AM even when they may be closed because I get paid to do so, it satisfies the shipper, it gives the receiver additional time to get it, and because it covers my backside.

OK, my bad--I did not read the post as well as I thought I had the first time. I went back and re-read it and you are exactly right. I was wrong in my response. Dave.

TheKid

That is exactly what they did

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
...unless the business does indeed not open until after the commit time.

Any driver doing this and thinking that this is not being monitored is fooling only himself.

+1

OK, my bad--I did not read the post as well as I thought I had the first time. I went back and re-read it and you are exactly right. I was wrong in my response. Dave.
This post right here left me speechless.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have seen Dave do this numerous times ... but I do find myself catching my breath every time. :wink2:
So much for the blah, blah, blah of him reading his posts twice, before posting. Maybe a visit to the eye Dr would be the next best move.........................Check and Mate!:happy-very: