When you realize ups sucks

• Thread starter Nothing by 1030 anymore
  • Start date
N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I was dispatched a few years ago with about a 13 hour day and told to make 9.5.. No help available ...ofcourse I told them that's not my problem. So I rolled in exhausted bout 10 pm. Supervisor comes up to me and hands me united way donation form...I just laughed and wrote a big zero on it as I figured out this really pisses them off. I finally walk out about 1030 and my manager is standing by a blood donation truck and yells out....don't forget to donate before u go home !! Unbelievable

rod

Retired 22 years
My training guy in 1971 scolded me for stopping to get a drink of water. Man---that ones been eating at me for years. I had to post it because I knew Upstate would want to know.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Trophy Generation won't last as long as you guys !!!
I am probably a rookie still to you guys ,although I only started in 89 , I did go thu some of the same BS and nonsense you went through!
Congrats @Nothing by 1030 anymore ,,, enjoy it sir , and thanks to your generation to smarting up us guys who are now in the 7th 8th or 9th inning here !!

WorknLateHuh

My training guy in 1971 scolded me for stopping to get a drink of water. Man---that ones been eating at me for years.

While were on the topic of sharing stories that have been bottled up inside for years... Long time ago I was making a delivery and there was a man having some kind of nervous breakdown. He looks over at me and says, "What are you staring at you brown piece of sh*% ??!"

I have been crying inside for years thinking about that moment. I just had to get that out. Our uniforms don't look like poop!

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My training guy in 1971 scolded me for stopping to get a drink of water. Man---that ones been eating at me for years. I had to post it because I knew Upstate would want to know.
That would eat at me too. Fxxk him. I'd've kept my fingers crossed that he dehydrated to death in the back of a truck one day.

rod

Retired 22 years
The Trophy Generation won't last as long as you guys !!!
I am probably a rookie still to you guys ,although I only started in 89 , I did go thu some of the same BS and nonsense you went through!
Congrats @Nothing by 1030 anymore ,,, enjoy it sir , and thanks to your generation to smarting up us guys who are now in the 7th 8th or 9th inning here !!

To be honest I don't think I could work for UPS now days with all the electronic monitoring BS going on. It appears they have a shock collar around your neck that turns you into nothing more than robots. We were constantly time studied and I've had a gal run a stop watch on me while I went to the bathroom--she did stay outside. We were told every day what slugs we were but for the most part once you left the building you were your own boss. You ran your route the way YOU deemed was the best way with your old high step- no power steering cold POS truck. They could yell and scream as much as they wanted and if you had thick skin you would ignore it.

rod

Retired 22 years
That would eat at me too. Fxxk him. I'd've kept my fingers crossed that he dehydrated to death in the back of a truck one day.

He did get walked out the door a few years later for messing with time cards --- that should make you fell better----it did me.