When's the employee freeze out?

nystripe96

Since the day I was hired in late August, all I've been hearing about is a freeze that's imminent, where new employees are essentially out of luck, & will be layed off and may in essence never be brought back after peak. Unfortunately every person I ask tells me something else about when this may happen. I have 22 workdays left till union, which would fall on Nov 4th. (Can't come soon enough). Can anyone give me some insight about this? I'm in the North Atlantic sect. Every week I see newbies that get hired, & I wonder if I have a better shot of making union than the new fish I see every week? I would be devestated if I'm let go. I'm trying so hard, but every little mistake I make I take so personal because I know my room for error is very low until I make book.

nystripe96

Is that definitive, Oct 15th? Do they still do the peak hires after the 15th, or is a complete hiring freeze too at that time?

Last edited:
U

uber

You've met your new topic quota for the week. Brainstorm some new topics and wait to post them until next week.

goetface

October 15th for what now? My hub is bringing in a bunch of new hires, so not sure what the friend you all are talking about, anyone care to put two sentences together at least to explain this?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You were hired during a good time,,not a peak hire(casual) so dont worry.. If you have any questions,go see your Union Steward!! Even though you havn't made book yet,you are paying dues and he/she is there for you.
In the mean time,,stay off the radar !! do what your told, stay away from the big mouths,show up everyday day and on time!!
I'm not BS' ing you ,Ive been here a long time any would not send you a wrong message!!

nystripe96

You were hired during a good time,,not a peak hire(casual) so dont worry.. If you have any questions,go see your Union Steward!! Even though you havn't made book yet,you are paying dues and he/she is there for you.
In the mean time,,stay off the radar !! do what your told, stay away from the big mouths,show up everyday day and on time!!
I'm not BS' ing you ,Ive been here a long time any would not send you a wrong message!!

ok cool. I'm still skeptical of everything. I'm a good worker, make plenty of rookie mistakes, but feel like I'm holding my own pretty well

moreluck

golden ticket member
And I was thinking 60 degrees last night was cold........in southern cali, we don't know cold.
When I went to the store this morning it was 54 and it's usually 64 at that time of day (7:30AM). But it's suppose to be back to the 80's by Weds.

I don't miss Idaho Falls and its -30 winters!!!

nystripe96

ok cool. I'm still skeptical of everything. I'm a good worker, make plenty of rookie mistakes, but feel like I'm holding my own pretty well

today my supe said the freeze does indeed start Oct 15th. He said that rather than get layed off till jan 1st, I'm going to be working, but won't be gaining any days towards union until after January 1st. Yet again I'm thrown for a loop. Is that truly how it works?