Where are the 95,000 workers they supposedly hired for peak?

Observer

I had to laugh at the latest "news" article stating UPS hired 95,000 workers again like last year. Hub is having multiple supervisors working. There are some new people but not like last year. Also, work has been the same as last year. Not a frantic peak with loads of work like in years passed. Saw where Amazon is getting airplanes. Our state has a lot of fulfillment centers and the influx of packages this peak is not there. Amazon returns are down also. Are your hubs like this or are your hubs busier than last year?

browner89

I thought the 95,000 number was from 2014, I never saw numbers this year but I remember reading it would be significantly less and everyone would be forced to do more work. Said they overhired last year or something.

I had to laugh at the latest "news" article stating UPS hired 95,000 workers again like last year. Hub is having multiple supervisors working. There are some new people but not like last year. Also, work has been the same as last year. Not a frantic peak with loads of work like in years passed. Saw where Amazon is getting airplanes. Our state has a lot of fulfillment centers and the influx of packages this peak is not there. Amazon returns are down also. Are your hubs like this or are your hubs busier than last year?
Busy. Volume is up from last year

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
We had a few who worked until break then walked out on the supervisors training them. It was pretty funny.