Where are the DJ/Nascar posters?

8Years2Go

I think that everyone knew at one point Toyota would start winning races. They don't do anything half **s! And with Joe Gibbs switching over to the Toys, was another sign they would win. However, MWR is a rinky dink operation and his cars will continue to be mid pack or worse, with or without DJ.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Getting stuff ready for the trip to Bristol on Friday! I wish it was going to be in the 70's on Saturday & Sunday but it doesn't look like it. February @ Daytona ruined me.

UPS Lifer

There was a great clip on sportscentre showing DJ getting lapped by Kyle Busch

Kyle should have pushed DJ right off the track. This is the proof that it isn't the car ... it is the driver. Toyota takes 1-2 yet DJ is right were he always is in the back of the pack! He has really never been the same since Earnhardt hit the wall in Daytona. It is my contention that he does not give it everything he has when it comes to winning a race.

It is disheartening to see that UPS keeps sponsoring him.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Gee, after Earnhardt hit the wall in Daytona DJ went on to win 4 races and fight for the championship with Gordon most of the season. That was the 1st year of the UPS sponsorship. Then again, I've been wrong before.

8Years2Go

Getting stuff ready for the trip to Bristol on Friday! I wish it was going to be in the 70's on Saturday & Sunday but it doesn't look like it. February @ Daytona ruined me.

Bristol, now that's racing!!! I remember my wife flipping out every September when our ticket renewal came in the mail. 11 tickets at $400.00 per seat in the Pearson Terrace. Private elevator, seats w/ armrest and cup holders. No benches !! Gave them up back in 2000. My first race at Bristol was the spring race of '88 and they had a sellout crowd of around 35,000 and my last in '00 they had 150,000. I have lost a lot of interest in NASCAR, but Bristol still gets the blood pumping, especially when them boys would come out of 4 to take the green flag. No headsets for the first ten laps. They didn't call it "Thunder Valley" for nothing.

govols019

You smell that?
I wouldn't compare the results of MWR to JGR. That's apples to rotten apples.

I think he's getting the best finish that the cars allow. His average finish is comparable to his teammates.

I see DJ's problem being the equipment he has been in the last few years. Yates wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when he left to go to MWR.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
It is disheartening to see that UPS keeps sponsoring him.

UPS Lifer; Your wish is coming true this weekend. The marketing campaign when it all started was one of the best. "When are you going to race the truck, People love the truck" will probably be around for a long time in peoples mind. My wife who is not even a race fan was touched by the commercial when Dale hangs up the key to the truck!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sorry, I'm one of the big NASCAR posters but I left for the Caribbean on Sunday and just got back today so I had no time fo posting till now. I don't even remember to much of the race since I was running out the door after the checkers flew.

I will be going to the Bristol night race in August. I can't wait.

UPS Lifer

UPS Lifer; Your wish is coming true this weekend. The marketing campaign when it all started was one of the best. "When are you going to race the truck, People love the truck" will probably be around for a long time in peoples mind. My wife who is not even a race fan was touched by the commercial when Dale hangs up the key to the truck!

I have to admit the marketing campaign was very positive. I hear that Dale is going to still be associated with the UPS brand in some capacity.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Bristol, now that's racing!!! They didn't call it "Thunder Valley" for nothing.
Do I need to tell anyone that Bristol is awesome! What a trip even if it did rain on Saturday and there was some mud at the campground. Just remember "To Keep the Road Open" at Farmer Bob's. The Pearson tower seats were great. It looks like I'll be making the trip at least once a year.