Where are the feeder positions?

Bound2Drive

Work hard, then work harder.
As I have learned from helpful UPSers on here that there are buildings hiring people off the street for feeder drivers but I don't see anything with the title of feeder drivers on the ups site. I see tractor trailer driver positions if that is the same. Do I need to contact the hub directly and ask or just apply and see what happens? I have posted so much on BC lately and everyone has been helpful. Thanks for continuing to help me in leaving FedEx to be apart of Brown.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bluebiker

It would be tractor-trailer driver in package operations, not UPS Freight.

Some locals allow feeder drivers off the street, some have to work their way up from package car driver.

Bound2Drive

Work hard, then work harder.
I will do that, if that is where the demand is. I was wanting to move to Texas but it seems as there is not a demand for drivers in TX.

Sent using BrownCafe App

P

pickup

To the original poster: I think you might be slightly misled here. I don't mean to burst your bubble but I want to give you some clarification . It is true that many hubs are hiring off the street for feeder positions. My hub for example has been doing that this year and somewhat last year. We hired about 25 guys "off the street" in the last 2 years. HOWEVER, these "off the street" hires were actually working as "seasonals", "casuals" during the peak seasons (Oct-Dec) previous to getting hired full time.

Many of these casuals waited a period of time after getting let go. Some were hired in August , so some waited 7 months for a full time job , a full time job that was by no means guaranteed. Some worked 3 peaks, some 2, some 1. Some worked 4 peaks and were never hired(they must have pissed someone off or had no "connections").

These off the street hires also had to wait for a certain number of people who wanted to come from package car into feeder. There is a certain ratio that has to be met between inside hires and outside hires.

So you might find that at this point in time, there are no full time positions being advertised at hubs that are hiring off the street. These positions are being filled by people who have already worked as casuals.

Just giving you something to think about.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Not all locals use casuals. 639 is hiring off the street for regular full time feeder positions.