Where are the security guards?

Newest cost savings measure, facilities guarded only on the weekends now, really? Wait until the "lost package" claims start rolling in. This is going to be fun to watch, not.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Oh darn. No more unarmed, minimum-wage “guards” taking a cursory glance in our lunch boxes and waving us through the malfunctioning metal detector. I’m crushed.

quad decade guy

Was told corporate decided we needed LESS SECURITY. Told to me by my manager directly as we were discussing how lousy security was....How low can we go? Our building has mostly blue shirt part time sups doing hourly work and very few full time types(mgt) just seeming to drive around as fast as their carts will go....ask any question.... just far away blank stares.

quad decade guy

So I guess now feeder drivers will have to start carrying those bolt cutters so they can cut those clips off of the trailers.
Any independent contractor can enter our yard/facility....it's big...and go completely unchallenged. Come in bobtail and take a trailer....without speaking to anyone. Now, there are guardshacks and guards...Im not sure what they are doing.....inside the shack. We have contractors and personal vehicles all over our facility....without challenge. Customers, mgt, pvd....who knows? Sleeper guys(not suppose to be there)(pretty obvious when they are pulling a trailer with jetskis). I encourage anyone to spend 10 minutes on our yard and just observe....I will say that we have so many rentals that it takes a few seconds to determine UPS placards...they are quite small and hard to see on dark paint....But no one is looking.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
So I guess now feeder drivers will have to start carrying those bolt cutters so they can cut those clips off of the trailers.
Oh no no no. We’ve been instructed to not even carry any kind of blade in our bag, this includes multi tools. So I’ll just sit in my tractor and wait 10 minutes before the lazy a* decides to come out of his air conditioned shack, walk lazily to the trailer, and take another 5 minutes fumbling around back there before he gives up and tells me to take it to the shop to get it cut.

wilberforce15

We do not have security guards.

Security attempts to keep people safe and cares more about what goes in than what comes out.

We have Loss Prevention

They care about the boxes, not the people.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Well good luck to all you union brothers with zero security , you’re one disgruntled employee away from a massacre...don’t worry , safety first !
✊