Where can I buy this bag?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah I've never heard the USPS complain.

I usually bag it walk up the drive 20 ft and tie it to a tree.

I had one rural carrier I gave rolls of DR bags to after I saw her hanging stuff in shopping bags. Her only rule was I leave enough room for the mail.

I had two others who would deliver stops way out in the boonies for me. One would flag me down and bum a couple smokes. He'd take anything for a camp eight miles up and back on a washboard road. Another, I pulled out of a snowbank. His last stop was a friend of his that was a thirty mile round trip for me. I always kept an eye out for him.

JL 0513

@cosmo1 covered it. Illegal to leave inside. Not illegal to leave next to.

Just passing on what we were told. Drivers directly asked questions at the pcm such as "can we bag and leave by mailbox?". No you cannot said LP. It was said we were getting complaints.

I agree we have some stops that are impossible to get the pkg to the house in some circumstances. And it is certainly tempting when you have an envelope for a house with a 1/2 miles long dirt driveway to just leave it by the mailbox.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just passing on what we were told. Drivers directly asked questions at the pcm such as "can we bag and leave by mailbox?". No you cannot said LP. It was said we were getting complaints.

I agree we have some stops that are impossible to get the pkg to the house in some circumstances. And it is certainly tempting when you have an envelope for a house with a 1/2 miles long dirt driveway to just leave it by the mailbox.
I'm not doubting what you were told. I'm simply saying you misused the word illegal.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't need a flash light. Like I said ups would give me one if I needed

If it takes me longer it takes me longer. they learned now to blow me out on resi routes due to the fact that once it got dark my performance dropped. People like you end up doing 200 stops when it gets dark at 6 while I do 140.
He said he's a cover driver. When you're on 5 different routes in 5 days they're not going to "learn not to blow you out". They usually don't even know what route you're going to be on until the morning when people start calling in. Carrying a flashlight as a cover driver is common sense.

Faceplanted

He said he's a cover driver. When you're on 5 different routes in 5 days they're not going to "learn not to blow you out". They usually don't even know what route you're going to be on until the morning when people start calling in. Carrying a flashlight as a cover driver is common sense.
When you are on three 9-5 list magic happens. I know first hand. Call ins happen an hour before hand, that gives time to add cut stuff

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When you are on three 9-5 list magic happens. I know first hand. Call ins happen an hour before hand, that gives time to add cut stuff
That's cool man, but thing is, even with 9.5 you'll be delivering in the dark for an hour this time of year. Probably best to just bring a flashlight and not try to be such a hardass for no reason.

JL 0513

Flashlight is just a 6" or so one anyway. They are amazingly bright and compact now. It's dark at 5pm right now, why stress out looking for numbers? Sure, if you've been on one route for years, you have every address down. I don't know which of over 25 routes I'll be on each day. I provide myself with anything that makes my day easier and better.

Fragile

Things to keep in your backpack:

1. Fleece or thermal to wear under your jacket.
  2. Extra gloves, hat, scarf and socks.
  3. Map, flashlight, and whatever you need to get through your day.
  4. Moisturizer, sunblock, deodorant, aspirin, band aid, etc.
  5. Snacks or lunch.
This job is already incredibly inconvenient and annoying so I prefer being prepared. You may break down somewhere in the cold or be out there a little later than you expected. You never know.

ResetSouthBelt

Must suck to be in a center with security. Why someone making $100K a year would risk it all and steal something is beyond me.
Indeed......Just in the last 2 years we've had 2 full time employees get busted for theft.....One was stealing cell phones.....the other was a 24 yr employee who would come in the building, clock in then leave off property for a couple hours and then come back to the building

JL 0513

Indeed......Just in the last 2 years we've had 2 full time employees get busted for theft.....One was stealing cell phones.....the other was a 24 yr employee who would come in the building, clock in then leave off property for a couple hours and then come back to the building

Sad. Let's steal some stupid products, get fired and have to get a minimum wage job. Good one. If I knew a box was filled with diamonds, it wouldn't even cross my mind to steal it.