where can I find full time drivers pay ?

By The Book

I vote on the parts that affect me.
If you vote you vote for the contract parts that affect you, and all the other stuff that doesn't affect you. I know you knew that. I'm wondering if you vote only on contracts that affect you or do you vote on all of them because it's your opportunity to have a say in the matter.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you vote you vote for the contract parts that affect you, and all the other stuff that doesn't affect you. I know you knew that. I'm wondering if you vote only on contracts that affect you or do you vote on all of them because it's your opportunity to have a say in the matter.

I was being a smart ass.

I have voted on every contract to date. The current one will most likely be my last.

By The Book

I was being a smart ass.

I have voted on every contract to date. The current one will most likely be my last.
I kinda thought there was some sarcasm there. I almost typed (their) just to see if anyone was awake. I think you'll get in one more vote if they stay with the trend of trying to get the contract settled early.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Once I hit top rate that 401k is getting maxed. People don't realize that even though you see a weekly paycheck deduction, that money is still yours. I treat my 401k like a beautiful woman I can't have. Look but don't touch. Then when by the time she's old & withered I'll be rich
We can put 35% into 401k with the prudential/teamsters one. Right now I can't afford that, but my gross is around $1500....$500/week would add up quick :D

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
We can put 35% into 401k with the prudential/teamsters one. Right now I can't afford that, but my gross is around $1500....$500/week would add up quick :D

Guy I work with has a similar story as yours. After taxes, etc., not enough to max out the 401k.

I currently put in 10%. I would like to do more but I am also trying to pay off my condo in 3 years and there is only so much money to go around.

Then stop buying the Fancy Feast for Rowdy & get a less expensive brand! :-)

That is also my game plan. Still 12 years left on mortgage, but on a plan to pay off in 5.
After that I'll be able to easily max out 401k.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Guy I work with has a similar story as yours. After taxes, etc., not enough to max out the 401k.

There are very few who are able to fully max out their 401k's.

Are you doing an accelerated payment program or are you just adding an additional principal payment each month? My mortgage is with Citi and they have a Bi-Weekly Advantage program which allows you to pay off your mortgage early.

You need to make sure that your mortgage does not have any early payment penalties. Most don't but it would be a good idea to make sure yours does not.

nystripe96

Well, even though I say I'm going to max out my 401k doesn't mean I'll be able to necessarily. Married with no kids...life is great right now. Kids I'm sure will make paying all of my bills much more of a neck sweat. I feel that as long as my bank account grows each month, even if it's only a tiny amount, that will dictate what percentage I'll ultimately contribute after I hit top rate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My contributions have gone from as high as 25% to as low as 0%.

Life does get in the way of the best laid plans.

Right now I am at 10% with a balance of $140K. 3 years to go until I retire and I hope to have a balance between $180-200K, which will be rolled over to a Edward Jones IRA, along with the proceeds from the sale of my condo ($80-90K?).

These assets plus a $5K/month pension means I will be eating the good cat food when I retire.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
There are very few who are able to fully max out their 401k's.

Are you doing an accelerated payment program or are you just adding an additional principal payment each month? My mortgage is with Citi and they have a Bi-Weekly Advantage program which allows you to pay off your mortgage early.

You need to make sure that your mortgage does not have any early payment penalties. Most don't but it would be a good idea to make sure yours does not.
Just adding to principal. No prepay penalty. Mine is with BOA. I go there and Make payment in person, & simply pay as much as I can as extra principal

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just adding to principal. No prepay penalty. Mine is with BOA. I go there and Make payment in person, & simply pay as much as I can as extra principal

You pay your bill(s) in person? That surprises me----I thought you would have embraced online bill paying.

You can set up your monthly payment with a fixed additional principal payment, a one-time additional principal payment or you can change that amount each month.

It is nice to go to my mortgage website and see the amount going to interest and the balance drop while the amount going to principal rises steadily each month.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
You pay your bill(s) in person? That surprises me----I thought you would have embraced online bill paying.

You can set up your monthly payment with a fixed additional principal payment, a one-time additional principal payment or you can change that amount each month.

It is nice to go to my mortgage website and see the amount going to interest and the balance drop while the amount going to principal rises steadily each month.
Most bills are paid online. That's just one I prefer to pay the old fashioned way