Where Do You Work and What Do You Do

BleedsBrown

Ok, since Im new around here I thought I would try and bring myself up to speed a bit faster by asking what part of the country you all work in and what do you for UPS (hub,feeders,corporate etc.)

Ill start, I work in the the Richmond, VA hub. Been there 3 years this past August, I was an unloader for a year then a sorter for a year and for the last year Ive been doing the SurePost. Most recently however I just got offered a position as an ODC clerk and will be starting that on monday. Really looking foward to that as it will be an excellent change of pace right here before the holiday season.

tre305

Miami south center, really small building. Only has 7 unload doors, 6 of which we only use. Been there for 4 years this past June. Started off unloading, then to loading, then sorter, now I'm a clerk who pretty much does everything (data correction, over goods, damages, repacks, tape ups, sure post, and whatever else needs to be done or cleaned up after the sort. Needless to say I go over 5 almost everyday yet management or my supervisor has yet to say anything to me. I guess as long as the building is clean by the time I leave, incase any big wigs stop by for a visit, then they don't mind.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep anytime I'm having a bad day I just say to myself I get paid $32 an hour to deliver cardboard ($47.72 if it's after 5:30) and then I smile lol. Package car and obviously I'm in the 688 local.

EmraldArcher

Pre-load loader/cover driver in central Florida. Been with the company for 7 years this month. Worked on midnight for about 6.5 years, 6+ of that as a pick-off.

Went to driving school 3 times (passed the first time but for some reason they sent me again a couple years later and I failed because I couldn't make it on the last day due to a family emergency), the last of which was August of 2011. I figured transferring to pre-load would get me driving sooner rather then wasting away on the midnight shift. I'm a couple of weeks away from my qualification and once I get it I'm moving to twilight which is a shift that does next to nothing in my building. I don't mind busting my ass on pre-load but I see no reason to do that much work for the same pay I could be making on the twilight shift.

island1fox

Retired. loaded,unloaded,sorted,p/t sup, return clerk,damages,over goods,car wash, service provider,
driver trainer,customer counter,hub,feeder, on car sup,preload sup, IE, ctr mgr,Div Mgr, Hub mgr,
feeder mgr,air mgr,operations manager,sbts instructor,peoples workshop instructor, international, country manager,District Manager, Corporate-Region Special Assignment. 36 Years.:happy-very: Survivor
Many States and Many Countries

Argize

Knoxille TN package car driver. Started part time in 1975 when I was 16 yrs old and went to full time driving in 1984, my how things have changed in 37 years.

BleedsBrown

thanks for the replies guys, good mix of people from all over. glad i found this site always nice to talk to people in the company from all over

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Retired. loaded,unloaded,sorted,p/t sup, return clerk,damages,over goods,car wash, service provider,
driver trainer,customer counter,hub,feeder, on car sup,preload sup, IE, ctr mgr,Div Mgr, Hub mgr,
feeder mgr,air mgr,operations manager,sbts instructor,peoples workshop instructor, international, country manager,District Manager, Corporate-Region Special Assignment. 36 Years.:happy-very: Survivor
Many States and Many Countries

And yet you come on here acting like you know something about the way the company operates.:peaceful: