Where does all the lost stuff go

I heard all the stuff that falls out of packages and never gets sent to a destination, is eventually all warehoused in some facility in Ohio (maybe some other state). What happens here? does it get auctioned off? donated? an episode of storage wars? idk.

Also, the fedex hub i worked at would occassionaly have a tag sale of stuff from the hub. i never went to it, so i dont really know what the inventory was limited to. i heard they sold obsolete computer stuff etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The storage area you spoke of is called "over goods". I think ours is in St. Louis. Auctions of unclaimed goods are held on a regular basis. The auctions at your local hub are not the same.

CJinx

Overgoods is intended to be shipped to a facility in Salt Lake City. Anyone selling or giving away stuff on the side at the local level is playing with fire. :O
From my experiences, they warehouse stuff for months in case a claim comes in for an item they have. If it goes unclaimed, it ends up getting sold.
(or thrown away, I tend to send them the most useless/obscene crap ever)

rod

Retired 22 years
I never in 30 years heard of anyone getting any satisfaction on recovering their lost goods by contacting the mysterious "over goods" dept. Really now---does anyone on here know for a fact where and when these "over goods" auctions are held. I think the higher ups at each center go through the stuff and anything they don't want is thrown away. Someone prove me wrong please.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Express has overgoods locations in both Memphis and Indy, and maybe elsewhere. I've had stuff found in overgoods in both locations for customers. One was a machine part that someone taped the AWB to and another was a narrow cylinder that was packaged in a FDX tube and the guy never properly secured the end of it. I don't remember what the other was.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never in 30 years heard of anyone getting any satisfaction on recovering their lost goods by contacting the mysterious "over goods" dept. Really now---does anyone on here know for a fact where and when these "over goods" auctions are held. I think the higher ups at each center go through the stuff and anything they don't want is thrown away. Someone prove me wrong please.

I was talking about UPS "overgoods" ---I don't have a clue what goes on at Fedex.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

FWIW, I have successfully recovered a book I was reading at work and was accidentally sent to UPS overgoods. I was given a number to call, which I did. They checked the inventory, and once found shipped my book back to me.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I was wrong. I wasn't paying attention to who started this thread and wondered into the wrong room. I will pay better attention from now on (maybe). You Fedex'ers carry on with your problems.

Upstate what are you doing posting on a Fedex thread? Get out of here. (you ain't never going to catch Moreluck anyway).

Rhoderunner

I was wrong. I wasn't paying attention to who started this thread and wondered into the wrong room. I will pay better attention from now on (maybe). You Fedex'ers carry on with your problems.

Upstate what are you doing posting on a Fedex thread? Get out of here. (you ain't never going to catch Moreluck anyway).

Just having some fun with ya Rod. Brown is always welcome here. Hell it's your site. :happy-very: Upstate, he's the swizzle stick always stirring the pot :wink2: