Where in the contract can they make us work new years eve

Rack em

Made the Podium
I remember a few times we were waiting for the liquor store to open at 8 a.m.----the good old days.
I went to a liquor store at 8am once when I was around 22 and the older lady ringing me up asked me if my parents knew I was an alcoholic and she was dead ass serious lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
I went to a liquor store at 8am once when I was around 22 and the older lady ringing me up asked me if my parents knew I was an alcoholic and she was dead ass serious lol.
My 8 a.m. liquor store trips usually involved a spur of the moment fishing trip.

Zowert

I’m working, 9am start time, air only. Management said it will be an easy day, we shall see though. I wouldn’t mind pulling 12 hours of 1.5x pay on top of the holiday pay. I’ll skip the parties to make $600 in one day.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’m working, 9am start time, air only. Management said it will be an easy day, we shall see though. I wouldn’t mind pulling 12 hours of 1.5x pay on top of the holiday pay. I’ll skip the parties to make $600 in one day.
12 hours would be damn near $1000

JustDeliverIt

Our earliest the past month and a half was 10:15 Lucky to be out by 10:40, late air everyday for the past two weeks. We’ve been doing anywhere from 10:30
to 11:00 starts the last week and a half.

How does your building bid routes? I've seen on here that different buildings have different ways. Ours, we bid every 2 years. In part of our supplemental language, your start time can't be moved more than an hour in either direction from what is posted on the bid at the time. Most of our bids are 9 to 9:30 start times, so they can't start some of us any later than 10:30.

I would check your language. Hell, if you aren't going to leave the building until late might as well get paid for it. That's what we did this peak. Start time was 10, didn't leave until 11. Went through the truck, pulled out misloads so I only went out with 10 or so instead of the 20 that was loaded on there.

JustDeliverIt

It always was the easiest day when I was forced to run air. Last year in our building it turned into a 8/9 hour day for those that worked. All the Amazon 1 day crap has blown it up. Hopefully for those who work it, you all get an easy day. But I wouldn't count on it anymore.

Well yeah. Still two long days with limited daylight.
2rANNgAlPZcFW.gif

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Some day in the distant future when all these dinosaurs start retiring I will have enough seniority to laugh these days away. Until then...Suck it UPS. YOU FORCING ME IN, GIVE ME MY 8

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I'm still amazed at all the old timers that signed up for tomorrow. That's ok, I will be in bed watching The Mandalorian while burying my face in a Cinnabon.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Double time for time worked here. Wife is dropping me off in the morning, got a nice hotel room in a party area about 5 mins away from the building. She’ll pick me up after work, SSS, then grab some dinner and drinks.