Where is SO right now?

Time for change

Would be nice if more energy and info was coming from SO during this whole process. Sad membership has to turn to a 26 year old driver from WI for everything. Pathetic little Irishman has really disappointed.

Box Ox

Would be nice if more energy and info was coming from SO during this whole process. Sad membership has to turn to a 26 year old driver from WI for everything. Pathetic little Irishman has really disappointed.

From yesterday's Seattle Times:

"Sean O’Brien, who is running to replace Hoffa in 2021, said any acceptance of the contract by union leaders should be halted.

“This is bad not only for the Teamsters but the entire labor movement,” said O’Brien, a Teamsters international vice president from Boston. “It’s the largest collective bargaining contract in the country and you’re sending a message to other unions.”

After UPS contract vote, Teamsters drivers feel betrayed

Time for change

From yesterday's Seattle Times:

"Sean O’Brien, who is running to replace Hoffa in 2021, said any acceptance of the contract by union leaders should be halted.

“This is bad not only for the Teamsters but the entire labor movement,” said O’Brien, a Teamsters international vice president from Boston. “It’s the largest collective bargaining contract in the country and you’re sending a message to other unions.”

After UPS contract vote, Teamsters drivers feel betrayed
That’s great and all, but maybe it’s time he finds a platform to speak to the members. We are relying on a young kid from WI for any info.

Time for change

He has. Think what Tyler is doing is brave/great, but TU's Facebook page does have nearly 3x more followers than his YouTube page.

Teamsters United
That’s not really SO speaking directly to us. I think he should have been more outspoken when he left the table and since the fake contract ratification. Similar to what Tyler is doing, but obviously SO has more inside info. Followers don’t mean much to me, I watch every video Tyler puts out and I’m not an official “follower”.

Time for change

Damn... the abject stupidity and ignorance on this forum is life draining. Tyler Binder is as dumb as dirt. That's who some of you rely on for "any info" ? .... WOW.
Well when there is an information brownout and we aren’t hearing anything from the real “leaders”. Tyler may not be a rocket scientist but look who negotiated the contract for almost a quarter million people. Yup low IQ, uneducated buffoon DT.

F

Frankie's Friend

Well when there is an information brownout and we aren’t hearing anything from the real “leaders”. Tyler may not be a rocket scientist but look who negotiated the contract for almost a quarter million people. Yup low IQ, uneducated buffoon DT.
Nothing against you personally but I dont think the personal degrading of DT is tasteful or has any place in this cba debacle.

I got tired of hearing about FZ's alleged bad breath and TS's weight and/or that he was a buffet backhoe.

Please, let's stick to the union issues and not personal jabs. I don't agree with what has taken place lately or during the last cba negotiations but I'm trying to be respectfully hateful... I mean angry. :wornout:

Meanwhile,
Remember when "people" in places of authority said this time would be different from last time in 13? They said there would be more transparency. I guess that didnt quite make the cut this time either.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That’s not really SO speaking directly to us. I think he should have been more outspoken when he left the table and since the fake contract ratification. Similar to what Tyler is doing, but obviously SO has more inside info. Followers don’t mean much to me, I watch every video Tyler puts out and I’m not an official “follower”.
You do know he is working on it. But some actions require responses. What is it exactly that you’re looking for? Have you visited the Joint Council 10 website?

Skooney

That's like saying you watch every Yankee's game, but you "aren't a fan".. Lol. GTFOH. Just own it, you love Tyler.

Problem is, he's the only one talking. He's the only source of information even if he sounds like a clown, while spitting all over his phone camera.

wide load

“Sean O’Brien, who is president of Teamsters Local 25 in Boston, heads the IBT’s governing council in New England and is vice president of the union’s international body, told Truthout that he and others who sit on the executive board have written similar letters to President Hoffa. They have demanded the immediate convening of a board meeting to determine next steps, including the potential use of Article 12, Section 6 powers to amend the constitution.

O’Brien was let go as package director and lead contract negotiator last year, he says, after attempting to “unify the package division and the UPS locals so that we could secure a strong contract.” He called the idea that the union’s hands were tied by its own rules “outrageous.”

In 2013, he said, members voted down several regional supplements to a previous UPS national agreement, but the two-thirds rule wasn’t immediately imposed. “They did what they should be doing right now, … going back to the table and telling UPS the contract is not ratified and that our members have spoken, and we demand that you fix what’s broken,” he said.

The former agreement barely passed a member vote in 2013, and disputes over its regional supplements delayed progress on the proposal for nearly a year. Ultimately, though, President Hoffa imposed the supplements unilaterally. Last week, 10 of 28 local and regional supplements were likewise rejected, but the union still considers five of them ratified.

Union organizers’ opposition to Hoffa has been shaped in part by his abandoning of what they viewed as an effective model of membership mobilization and outreach that produced a successful strike against UPS in 1997 under former president Ron Carey’s leadership. “There hasn’t been a national strike in any industry [the IBT] represents since Jim Hoffa has taken over,” O’Brien said.”
October 11th 2018

Time for change

That's like saying you watch every Yankee's game, but you "aren't a fan".. Lol. GTFOH. Just own it, you love Tyler.

Problem is, he's the only one talking. He's the only source of information even if he sounds like a clown, while spitting all over his phone camera.
I appreciate what he has done for sure. He has done more than the real “leaders” to to create energy. And he isn’t old, fat, and out of touch like every dude at the two man and he has big nuts to do what he has done.

Time for change

No it just means I never press the subscribe button, so I’m not an official follower. That’s what someone was referring to as followers. Look at number of views on his whiteboard video!

Time for change

Nothing against you personally but I dont think the personal degrading of DT is tasteful or has any place in this cba debacle.

I got tired of hearing about FZ's alleged bad breath and TS's weight and/or that he was a buffet backhoe.

Please, let's stick to the union issues and not personal jabs. I don't agree with what has taken place lately or during the last cba negotiations but I'm trying to be respectfully hateful... I mean angry. :wornout:

Meanwhile,
Remember when "people" in places of authority said this time would be different from last time in 13? They said there would be more transparency. I guess that didnt quite make the cut this time either.
Denis T is a lying, evil scumbag, so I don’t really care.

542thruNthru

zfCGKGxnNQX0LqqSOyKJIezrte6rS25F4ymAzhyKKnk.gif

:)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We already know where Sean O is "at"....right???

I think a better question would be, where is Ken H (aka. K Hall) at???

....after all, he did declare himself a candidate for the next IBT General Presidential election.

With this in mind, why are we giving him a "pass" as a key member of the National Negotiating Committee???

Last edited:

wide load

Updated this AM
TLU25 Mem: General Membership Meeting Sunday October 21 @10am @Union Hall. Futures meet @915. Please make every effort to attend. Thanks President Sean O'Brien

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We already know where Sean O is "at"....right???

I think a better question would be, where is Ken H (aka. K Hall) at???

....after all, he did declare himself a candidate for the next IBT General Presidential election.

With this in mind, why are we giving him a "pass" as a key member of the National Negotiating Committee???
Updated this AM
TLU25 Mem: General Membership Meeting Sunday October 21 @10am @Union Hall. Futures meet @915. Please make every effort to attend. Thanks President Sean O'Brien
wish I could go...let us know what he says wide.... thank you