Where is the "my life and career" section

RobCo

Like everything at UPS, this seems unnecessarily difficult. I'm currently a seasonal package delivery driver (not a PVD.) Looking to stay on and apply for a job after my seasonal stint ends. I've actually found a job I wanted through the public job search, but of course I cannot actually apply for it since I'm considered an employee, which is ridiculous. Not sure why there would be 2 separate job searches. Only thing I could find job search wise was a job search under the workday tab in the HR section. All it shows is jobs in canada for some reason, even though I'm in the USA. I also got a notification when I tried to apply that there was a "my life and career" section, which I cannot find in the UPSers site. There does not seem to be a section in my profile anywhere, or if it is I can't find it. HELP!

Mdet

Hey if u are looking to stay on I would talk to the center manager and say I would like to continue driving is there any openings right now. I am in preload and been with the company for a long time and a union steward as well.
1. If u really like driving and done well so far I would talk to them on Monday. There is a deadline on how many people they will keep on and it is on Friday.

2. The benefits with ups are great if u have a family, I use mine a lot with mine.

3. I know in mid January they do post for who wants to be a cover driver and I would be on the look out for that.

Heavy Package

I also got a notification when I tried to apply that there was a "my life and career" section, which I cannot find in the UPSers site. There does not seem to be a section in my profile anywhere, or if it is I can't find it. HELP!

You have no life working at UPS. Your career is also a mundane, routine activity that will be replaced by automation in the near future-Even our CEO hinted at that in her latest "bullhorn blast" video. UPS deleted the "my life and career" section for all Union employees as a process improvement for 2021. Hope this helps.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
You have no life working at UPS. Your career is also a mundane, routine activity that will be replaced by automation in the near future-Even our CEO hinted at that in her latest "bullhorn blast" video. UPS deleted the "my life and career" section for all Union employees as a process improvement for 2021. Hope this helps.
Long way from package car drivers being obsolete

quad decade guy

Like everything at UPS, this seems unnecessarily difficult. I'm currently a seasonal package delivery driver (not a PVD.) Looking to stay on and apply for a job after my seasonal stint ends. I've actually found a job I wanted through the public job search, but of course I cannot actually apply for it since I'm considered an employee, which is ridiculous. Not sure why there would be 2 separate job searches. Only thing I could find job search wise was a job search under the workday tab in the HR section. All it shows is jobs in canada for some reason, even though I'm in the USA. I also got a notification when I tried to apply that there was a "my life and career" section, which I cannot find in the UPSers site. There does not seem to be a section in my profile anywhere, or if it is I can't find it. HELP!
While "check your local supplement" may apply here, if you are an employee you just can't apply for a job you want. As stupid as that sounds, it's the way it is.

Basically, the sequence is part-timer, pkg driver(whatever that means) and then feeder driver.....exceptions are there but rare. That's it.

Once a mechanic always a mechanic and so on. A mechanic cannot be a driver on and on. Ridiculous? You bet.

You could quit and reapply. This could have many consequences. A visit with your Mgr. and the Union at the very least.

With no malice or ill intent, being a seasonal driver may have ruined your chances at that job you wanted.

On the other hand, mgt. allows for a huge amount of variety and possibilities.

On the other hand, maybe another transportation company has better career choices. You have nothing to lose there.

I truly wish you luck.

quad decade guy

Hey if u are looking to stay on I would talk to the center manager and say I would like to continue driving is there any openings right now. I am in preload and been with the company for a long time and a union steward as well.
1. If u really like driving and done well so far I would talk to them on Monday. There is a deadline on how many people they will keep on and it is on Friday.

2. The benefits with ups are great if u have a family, I use mine a lot with mine.

3. I know in mid January they do post for who wants to be a cover driver and I would be on the look out for that.
He didn't say anything about being a part timer.