Where the union screwed the pooch in negotiations

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am curious why it wasn't properly addressed in the negotiations. I would like to know where the national grievance stands though.
D779A73B-7151-43F4-9A15-8EDB66F148C3.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Disagree.

They will eventually do it.
When ABSOLUTLY forced to. Not one second before. And then when they are forced to they will drag their feet implementing it for a few years. Don't hold your breath waiting for it in the mean time.

Karma...

Drivers will all eventually get AC.
Part-timers will continue to slave away in 130 degree trailers that have been baking in the sun all day.
its up to the union to negotiate these issues.....perhaps a heat break every hour will help as well as drinking more water regularly plus cooler uniforms

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Since PVD wasn’t addressed in the Contract, then I think we all know the answer...
It’s already been addressed. If you see PVDs, file.

Article 3.7

Accordingly, the Employer agrees that super- visors or other employees of the Employer who are not members of the bargaining unit shall not perform any bargaining unit work, ex- cept to train employees or demonstrate safety, or as otherwise provid- ed in the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It’s already been addressed. If you see PVDs, file.

Article 3.7

Accordingly, the Employer agrees that super- visors or other employees of the Employer who are not members of the bargaining unit shall not perform any bargaining unit work, ex- cept to train employees or demonstrate safety, or as otherwise provid- ed in the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum

The question is what does your supplement say about pvd's? I think ours allow them during peak.