Where the union screwed the pooch in negotiations

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Tons of injuries/accidents in our district this month! Good job UPS! make us work more overtime maybe that’s the solution!

rod

Retired 22 years
OSHA cites UPS for "excessive heat" exposure after NBC investigation

Working conditions is where there was sympathy to be had but leadership didn’t bother to use any leverage at all.

I don’t get too caught up in the heat issue although I do think they could vent the cargo area better but we are gonna have a/c in the next 5-7 years because of public outcry you watch.
I doubt it. UPS will argue the "air conditioning won't work in a package car thing " until the cows come home (because they are right as long as the trucks have to be shut off at each stop). The most you could hope for is MAYBE air conditioning for the high mileage routes. I agree venting could and should be improved.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I doubt it. UPS will argue the "air conditioning won't work in a package car thing " until the cows come home (because they are right as long as the trucks have to be shut off at each stop). The most you could hope for is MAYBE air conditioning for the high mileage routes. I agree venting could and should be improved.
Seems to work ok in a tractor when shifting. ( Think about that before you respond).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The argument doesn’t hold water for heat though.

OSHA issue seems to be that there’s not sufficient ways for drivers to cool down once they get hot. If one could sit in a/c truck for 5-10 min and cool off some of these incidents may be avoided

rod

Retired 22 years
Not fighting with you sir. My point is that AC works good when you are in and out of the vehicle several times in a short amount of time. That's all I was saying.
I though you were looking for a fight with your "think about that before you respond" comment. My wife pissed me off today so I was looking for one myself that I could possibly win for a change. Carry on.

542thruNthru

I though you were looking for a fight with your "think about that before you respond" comment. My wife pissed me off today so I was looking for one myself that I could possibly win for a change. Carry on.

Well don't go into the current events forum. You always look like a jackass in there.

Think about that before you respond. :)

rod

Retired 22 years
The argument doesn’t hold water for heat though.

OSHA issue seems to be that there’s not sufficient ways for drivers to cool down once they get hot. If one could sit in a/c truck for 5-10 min and cool off some of these incidents may be avoided
Just how "cool" would a dark brown UPS truck get. Imaging driving your car a couple minutes with the air on and then shutting it off and opening every window and door for a minute or two-- then times this by about 10 and you have the amount of "cool' that would escape a UPS truck at each stop with the front doors open and the bulkhead door open letting in 130 -140 degree heat. I just don't see it working good enough to make it worth while. I could be wrong. I do know one thing-UPS won't agree to it without a major fight. Even back in the good old days when I was running a downtown/ residential route 5 or 10 minutes between stops (like you say in your argument) was OUT OF THE QUESTION.