Where the union screwed the pooch in negotiations

bowhnterdon

It’s already been addressed. If you see PVDs, file.

Article 3.7

Accordingly, the Employer agrees that super- visors or other employees of the Employer who are not members of the bargaining unit shall not perform any bargaining unit work, ex- cept to train employees or demonstrate safety, or as otherwise provid- ed in the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum
Then why aren’t they settled?Grievances going to National Panel where they will disappear tells me something different

Integrity

Binge Poster
When ABSOLUTLY forced to. Not one second before. And then when they are forced to they will drag their feet implementing it for a few years. Don't hold your breath waiting for it in the mean time.
Your forgot to say that UPS with then act as if it was their idea for the health and safety of the employees.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
My predictions for next summer:
UPS will offer the "super uniforms" to be rationed out like DR bags during peak. Anyone who has a "thermal event" is simply not following instructions in their cool solutions training. UPS is happy, OSHA disappears for a couple more years.

Integrity

Binge Poster
My predictions for next summer:
UPS will offer the "super uniforms" to be rationed out like DR bags during peak. Anyone who has a "thermal event" is simply not following instructions in their cool solutions training. UPS is happy, OSHA disappears for a couple more years.
Disagree.

watdaflock?

Our union and management should start using the WetBulb Globe Temperature to determine how unsafe working conditions are during the hottest part of summer.

542thruNthru

When has she ever posted in current events?
sketch-1568769961024.jpg
sketch-1568770021762.jpg

Also it's he not she.
giphy-48.gif

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Just how "cool" would a dark brown UPS truck get. Imaging driving your car a couple minutes with the air on and then shutting it off and opening every window and door for a minute or two-- then times this by about 10 and you have the amount of "cool' that would escape a UPS truck at each stop with the front doors open and the bulkhead door open letting in 130 -140 degree heat. I just don't see it working good enough to make it worth while. I could be wrong. I do know one thing-UPS won't agree to it without a major fight. Even back in the good old days when I was running a downtown/ residential route 5 or 10 minutes between stops (like you say in your argument) was OUT OF THE QUESTION.
Forget the AC in the Cab
UPS has got to vent the cargo area
Lack of training on pre load makes for more time in the back looking
Where I am, the back can get up to 140 during the summer

Heavy Package

Working conditions is where there was sympathy to be had but leadership didn’t bother to use any leverage at all.

I don’t get too caught up in the heat issue although I do think they could vent the cargo area better but we are gonna have a/c in the next 5-7 years because of public outcry you watch.

The contract language could have added a section on reducing workload when the temperature / heat index / etc. is above (or below) a certain point. I agree that this contract was so pathetic - even to start off on negotiations. We didn't even try to fight for better working conditions inside the hub or out on road for our members.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The contract language could have added a section on reducing workload when the temperature / heat index / etc. is above (or below) a certain point. I agree that this contract was so pathetic - even to start off on negotiations. We didn't even try to fight for better working conditions inside the hub or out on road for our members.
My experience has shown me most employees justify, condone, and contribute to the poor working conditions and culture at UPS.

IMHO
The self centered unionism that so often pervades UPS can pretty much be summed up with the catch phrase “Show me the money”.

Many at UPS as well as here on the BC, make working conditions a sad joke on Corporate but actually many time it is more a reflection of the weakness, cowardice and self centered ness of today’s working man.

IMHO
It must start with the employee. The employee must stand up for the right to work safely, by following UPS Safety Training and methods.

If the employee is low level management, these employees must stand up for the right to have their workers follow UPS Safety Training and they must also stand up for the right of their employees to follow UPS Safety Training and methods.