Where to get UPS uniforms

Tucker88

Banned
I started this week as a UPS package driver. Last week I had Integrad and my HR gave me a xtra long sleeve and pair of pants until my order of uniforms come in. Today I’m told it could be weeks b4 I get my other clothes (hat,shorts,jacket,short sleeve shirt)
My question is I can’t work all week in the same pants and long shirt in this heat. Also trying to wash my clothes after work so I have it for tommorow. My hub has no xtra clothes. Anyone know where I can buy the shorts and a few xtra shirts??
They expect me to work the next few weeks with 1 set of clothing. Not really sure what my options are at this point. Any info greatly appreciated

PT Car Washer

I started this week as a UPS package driver. Last week I had Integrad and my HR gave me a xtra long sleeve and pair of pants until my order of uniforms come in. Today I’m told it could be weeks b4 I get my other clothes (hat,shorts,jacket,short sleeve shirt)
My question is I can’t work all week in the same pants and long shirt in this heat. Also trying to wash my clothes after work so I have it for tommorow. My hub has no xtra clothes. Anyone know where I can buy the shorts and a few xtra shirts??
They expect me to work the next few weeks with 1 set of clothing. Not really sure what my options are at this point. Any info greatly appreciated
I get my new uniforms in January when the seasonal drivers and helpers turn theirs back in. The company lets me dig through the piles to find a shirt or pants that will fit.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't remember how many pairs of pants, shorts and both long and short sleeve shirts I burned in my retirement party bonfire but it was a BUNCH. Probably 2 dozen pants and a dozen shorts and a ton of shirts . I tried to turn in all the pants but the center manager didn't want anything to do with them so I burned them all. In hind site UPS probably should have rethought their policy on turning in clothes.

PT Car Washer

I can't remember how many pairs of pants, shorts and both long and short sleeve shirts I burned in my retirement party bonfire but it was a BUNCH. Probably 2 dozen pants and a dozen shorts and a ton of shirts . I tried to turn in all the pants but the center manager didn't want anything to do with them so I burned them all. In hind site UPS probably should have rethought their policy on turning in clothes.
Not too many years ago I wore out my last shirts with no logos and the Olympic logo shirts.

Upsguy21

Honestly your best bet is to take a pair of scissors to the pants and shirt and have them hemmed. Gonna take a while to get uniforms. My center is only allowed to submit 5 at a time for some reason and there’s a stack of 30+ waiting to get sent in. That or find some old head who looks the same size as you and Do some begging lol

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Welcome to working for a billion dollar profit company that can’t ever seem to think ahead. Your entire career will be eerily similar to these trivial problems. Mind over matter, corporate can’t figure out that we are hiring to catch up to volume and will need more uniforms and trucks.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
The new vendor after switching from twin hill sucks at getting our uniforms and accessories to us on time. Took me 5 months to get the new uniforms, 7 months to get my rain jacket which comes in July, and 10 months to get a new jacket for the winter. So you know what I’ve done? Brought my own rain jacket and put it on and my own winter jacket when it was still cold because :censored2: them.

Ask your supervisor. They usually have a box of various size uniforms in the office.

Est.1998

You can also check with some senior feeders or pkg drivers. They usually have tons of uniforms just sitting at home. Most brand new, never worn.

CoolStoryBro

You have no option right now. As a new driver you have to wear the same thing everyday. Wash it every night.

Once you make your 30 days you can file a grievance. And show up in regular street clothes.

Talk to your union steward. He will probably ask around for people's old clothes for you.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Ask other drivers in your center that are about same height & weight if they can loan you 1 pair of shorts, ss shirt & socks ? They will probably just give you a pair .

barnyard

KTM rider
Until you make seniority, you will need to wash the set you have every night. Showing up with a pair of non-uniform shorts could get you sent home for the day and that could be used against you when it comes time to decide if you should make seniority. I have shirts that the left shoulder is worn through from the seat belt and have ordered shirts to replace. Been waiting 2 months now.

Also, if you ordered a belt, just go buy one. The new belts stretch and are effen worthless for holding up a pair of shorts.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

No way they’re gonna be giving out uniforms, they’re gonna be penny pinching Nazis the next few months to make up for the rentals, helpers and damaged claims. You’re out of luck until you get in the union with making them get you uniforms. I’ve seen some on eBay honestly. I’d just buy something close enough at the store and wear that.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Yea Aramark has been pretty bad with the orders. They screwed up so many orders over here and the wait time is well over a month while Twinhill took like 2 weeks max.