Wheres Part Timers "catch up" raise??

rudy5150

No $1.50 bump in pay like new hires? No "catch up" raise over the lifetime of the contract? The past 2 contracts had higher raises than this tentative one and UPS is making the most money its ever made! This is a total sellout! I thought the more they make the more we take??!?!??!!?!?!??!! Not the more we give back!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Cumulatively, the raises over the length of the current contract are the same as the tentative contract, and UPS's per employee contribution to heath care will be significantly more than the past contract, so PTers are in fact earning more.

PTers still in progression will get either the general wage increases or the new progression rates. For example, if the new progression stipulates that employees with one-year seniority earn $11.00 (up from $10), current employees will be bumped up to that rate when they reach one year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Part timers, huh? Gee, there's never been a part timer's thread before. All the part timers threads ((20+)) can be incorporated into ONE thread titled Part Timers....it already exists. Mods.....do you stuff.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Cumulatively, the raises over the length of the current contract are the same as the tentative contract, and UPS's per employee contribution to heath care will be significantly more than the past contract, so PTers are in fact earning more.

PTers still in progression will get either the general wage increases or the new progression rates. For example, if the new progression stipulates that employees with one-year seniority earn $11.00 (up from $10), current employees will be bumped up to that rate when they reach one year.

There's still a chance a "catch up" raise is in the TA, but I would assume that information would have been leaked along with the general wage increases.

When I added up the contractual raises for '08-'13 ($4) vs. '13-'18 ($3.90), I wasn't terribly upset as it seems that $0.10 is going towards raising new hire pay. I'm more than willing to trade a dime over five years so someone coming in off the street can make more than they could flipping burgers. This will also (probably) slide the PT'ers in progression up a notch, depending on how far along they are. However, for part-timers out of progression (4 years of service or more) that are waiting to go full-time without ever having had the chance (the PT'ers in the 4-15 year range) there really should be a catch-up raise. But we won't know for sure until we see the TA.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Part timers, huh? Gee, there's never been a part timer's thread before. All the part timers threads ((20+)) can be incorporated into ONE thread titled Part Timers....it already exists. Mods.....do you stuff.

Scurry on back to the current events thread. Nothing to see here. This is all ups EMPLOYEE talk.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Disorderly messes................................. If your package car was set up like the Union Forum, you would lynch your loader !!

saintrick

The prior 4.00 and this 3.90 come out the same because of the split being absent the first 3 years?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
The prior 4.00 and this 3.90 come out the same because of the split being absent the first 3 years?

I forgot that it was $4 - my (and other) locals gave up a portion of our raise. Nonetheless, it's similar & my point still stands -- the additional health care contributions will far surpass that dime.

quamba 638

There's still a chance a "catch up" raise is in the TA, but I would assume that information would have been leaked along with the general wage increases.

When I added up the contractual raises for '08-'13 ($4) vs. '13-'18 ($3.90), I wasn't terribly upset as it seems that $0.10 is going towards raising new hire pay. I'm more than willing to trade a dime over five years so someone coming in off the street can make more than they could flipping burgers. This will also (probably) slide the PT'ers in progression up a notch, depending on how far along they are. However, for part-timers out of progression (4 years of service or more) that are waiting to go full-time without ever having had the chance (the PT'ers in the 4-15 year range) there really should be a catch-up raise. But we won't know for sure until we see the TA.

If there was a raise for those out of progression, that would be sweet. And totally unexpected.

BearcatShane09

Package Handler
Can someone please explain to me exactly what progession is? I was hiried on 9/8/09 so I assume I'm not out of it yet? Will I be getting a boost in pay once I reach four years? What can I not do while still in proression?

Moneythehardway

Guys, my recommendation to you all is really don't stress yourselves out or worry/speculate ANY MORE over this agreement until we see it IN WRITING ourselves from the SOURCE.

Shouldn't be ANY more threads/posts about this agreement until the agreement itself is posted. Just my opinion, as I am a part timer myself waiting to see the cold hard numbers as well. But at this point you're shaving time off your lives without the facts yet.

Hearing "May 7th" is a date to keep on the radar that we will potentially know the details we want, until then Arrivederci.

quamba 638

Can someone please explain to me exactly what progession is? I was hiried on 9/8/09 so I assume I'm not out of it yet? Will I be getting a boost in pay once I reach four years? What can I not do while still in proression?

It's the time period from when your hire date is four years out. So 9/08/13 you'll get the contract raises instead of the .50 cents a year. Then it sounds like maybe a bump August 1st of this year, but not for sure... Yet.

UPS Preloader

It's the time period from when your hire date is four years out. So 9/08/13 you'll get the contract raises instead of the .50 cents a year. Then it sounds like maybe a bump August 1st of this year, but not for sure... Yet.

Per the master agreement. The progression set forth in (b) below shall be applied effective August 1, 2008.

(b) Newly hired part-time employees

All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority after August 1, 2008 will be paid according to the following wage schedules:
Hourly Rate Preloader All Sorter Others
Start $9.50 $8.50
Start plus ninety (90) calendar days $10.50 $9.50
Seniority plus one (1) year $11.00 $10.00
Seniority plus two (2) years 11.50 $10.50
Seniority plus three (3) years $12.00 $11.00
Seniority plus four (4) years $12.87 $11.87

Employees working high volume direct or low volume direct shall receive the preloader/sorter rates.

DiligentUPSer

Imagine if when the contract is released there is no catch-up raise AND they eliminated the $1.00 an hour skilled pay (sorter/pickoff/preload). Or even worse, if the $1.00 skilled pay is eliminated and people currently making that skilled rate are not grandfathered in and would thereby get $1.00 hr. chopped off their pay? Remember, UPS was pushing to eliminate that extra dollar for skilled positions in their initial proposal and I do not recall hearing anything on the topic since then. Imagine if come August 1, we are taking a $.30 cent pay cut/ hr (.70 cent raise - $1.00 skilled rate). That would suck. I would have to think we'd be grandfathered in though. But who knows, we'll see.

RealPerson

Imagine if when the contract is released there is no catch-up raise AND they eliminated the $1.00 an hour skilled pay (sorter/pickoff/preload). Or even worse, if the $1.00 skilled pay is eliminated and people currently making that skilled rate are not grandfathered in and would thereby get $1.00 hr. chopped off their pay? Remember, UPS was pushing to eliminate that extra dollar for skilled positions in their initial proposal and I do not recall hearing anything on the topic since then. Imagine if come August 1, we are taking a $.30 cent pay cut/ hr (.70 cent raise - $1.00 skilled rate). That would suck. I would have to think we'd be grandfathered in though. But who knows, we'll see.

Dang, now you have me scared..... HA