Where's STUG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Sooooo, let me get this right. I can bitch about any post that I don't like and claim it to be a personal attack and it will be removed? Who thought I was attacking Upstate and/or STUG? Come on? How was what I said a personal attack? They have no manners. They have no integrity. Is that a personal attack? Hey Over, someone is going to complain that I am attacking Upstate and Stug.

I can assure you, this is no attack. You haven't seen me attack anyone yet. But I will tell you this. I will make sure that every single post I do not like will get removed. I will do it until Cheryl tells me to stop or tells me who removed my post.
Posting personal attacks and derrogatory personal comments about other members not only hurts our community but it also deters other users from participating on the forum.

We reserve the right to remove postings that defame or insult anyone, as well as comments that are abusive or hateful. Posts that contain this kind of content may be removed or edited by any moderator at any time with no prior warning or notification afterward.

Don't challenge the mods... it's silly. I read the post...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Posting personal attacks and derrogatory personal comments about other members not only hurts our community but it also deters other users from participating on the forum.

We reserve the right to remove postings that defame or insult anyone, as well as comments that are abusive or hateful. Posts that contain this kind of content may be removed or edited by any moderator at any time with no prior warning or notification afterward.

Don't challenge the mods... it's silly. I read the post...
Cheryl, I apologize to you and as I told Over, I have nothing but respect for the mods. I do not always agree with what they do but I do respect them and you.

You read my first post? Please PM and tell me how that was abusive or flamatory. All I said was they had no manners.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Cheryl, I apologize to you and as I told Over, I have nothing but respect for the mods. I do not always agree with what they do but I do respect them and you.

You read my first post? Please PM and tell me how that was abusive or flamatory. All I said was they had no manners.
????

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

To give neg reps for revenge seems a tad childish. Seems like I've seen someone before you mention this particular form of retribution. Reminds me of the UPS bone us system. I would not give a rusty rats rear if they took both forms of recognition and deep sixed em any way.

rod

Retired 22 years
Negitive rep and being a tattletale both fall under the "childish" category as far as I'm concerened

There are a few members here that give neg reps to anyone that disagrees with them. The only time I have given neg rep was when someone posted, what was IMO, a nasty and derogatory remark. The reason was to convey that message. So I believe they can serve a purpose if not over used.

I do however have to disagree with Cheryl on one point. Anytime a post is removed by a mod, it should be followed up with a PM telling the author of why it was deleted. That would let them know what the Mod felt was offensive in the deleted post.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There are a few members here that give neg reps to anyone that disagrees with them. The only time I have given neg rep was when someone posted, what was IMO, a nasty and derogatory remark. The reason was to convey that message. So I believe they can serve a purpose if not over used.

I do however have to disagree with Cheryl on one point. Anytime a post is removed by a mod, it should be followed up with a PM telling the author of why it was deleted. That would let them know what the Mod felt was offensive in the deleted post.

This would be a proactive, corrective approach.
Much the same as progressive discipline is designed to be at UPS???
I'll empty my mailbox immediately.

trickpony1

I'm sorry I asked where STUG was.
Given his colorful past with the company I thought he may have gotten transfered (secretly) to a center in Siberia.
Sorry I asked.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ditto.

I'm sorry, but I don't see where I lacked manners. I just returned from hiatus and POW, I'm smack dab in a pissing match. Talk about getting STUGGED?!?!:knockedout:
I was actually busy during this, although I thought the dog house was great, and your explanation was good, not that you needed one. I dont know what the rest is all about, so Ill just stay away, very far away.......:smart:

rod

Retired 22 years

+1

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm sorry, but I don't see where I lacked manners. I just returned from hiatus and POW, I'm smack dab in a pissing match. Talk about getting STUGGED?!?!:knockedout:

I was actually busy during this, although I thought the dog house was great, and your explanation was good, not that you needed one. I dont know what the rest is all about, so Ill just stay away, very far away.......:smart:

I observed this from a far myself ... but I must admit I found it amusing, although not totally understood.
I've learned over the years that I don't need to understand everything so I'll just be moseying along.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
You just never know how things are going to play out on "As the BC World Turns".

Is that soap opera still on television?

I'd like to think we are a more advanced crowd.

And our lil'gig would be more like something produced for Showtime or HBO.:happy-very:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

I agree that notifying the poster that their post has been modified is the best practice, but it doesn't always happen. In this particular situation the mod that deleted the post had already written an explanation when I suggested that Dilli was already so ticked off it might be better not to add fuel to the fire. I actually thought that she would already know why the post had been deleted and just let it drop. I also thought that this thread would quickly die off...

Many members that have been around here for any length of time can recall a time when they have been taken to task for something they posted. It's happened to me too, countless times.

This forum is read by thousands of people from different circumstances and sensitivities. It is our staff's right and responsibility to create, establish and maintain a comfortable atmosphere for the overall community.

We're doing the best that we can and our judgement isn't always going to be perfect, especially mine :blushing2:

iowa boy

Lock this thread. Lets end the bickering, its not good for anyone involved and it doesn't accomplish anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.