where's the international when 250 drivers jobs are at stake.

Jersey brown

wheres the ibt when 250 drivers jobs are at stake.I know 804 is not a hoffa local, but when 250 drivers arein a jam you would think they would step in.

RealPerson

It might have been illegal, but it sure does say something about this UPS center when 250 Drivers walk out. UPS needs to step back and look at the problems.
The Union should of stepped up and got UPS under control before it escalated to this level.

804 member

Where is tdu? Oh yeah they posted an article on their site. Thanks for the help. The article will scare UPS and make everything better. (Sarcastic)

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Hoffa and Hall are more worried about their own jobs then the members. With the scandal this garbage contract turned out to be, the issues at YRC and ABF their very worried.

cino321

Tim S is the President of Local 804 is missing too!

More drivers fired last night. Do not have exact number, 15+ I believe though. I'm sure we will hear more about this.

FYI EVERYONE Timmy is MIA in Chicago at the TDU Labor Notes Conference. I can't believe he actually left the state with everything going on. Like we need more TDU nonsense here.

as I said in an earlier message on another page , LIAM screwed up . by pulling all the drivers during work hours it becomes an illegal work stoppage and UPS can and will call it abandoning the job. abandoning the job calls for immediate dismissal . as I posted elsewhere , look at the money behind this . those 250 drivers will make about 21 to 22 million in salary over the next year . 250 new hires on progression will make about 11 to 12 million a year in salary . over three years UPS will save 30 plus million dollars . UPS wouldn't care if all 250 drivers died

10 point

It might have been illegal, but it sure does say something about this UPS center when 250 Drivers walk out. UPS needs to step back and look at the problems.
The Union should of stepped up and got UPS under control before it escalated to this level.
They (UPS) obviously do not care.

That, goes both ways.
Yea but eventually someone has to be the bigger man and swallow their pride. I can speak for me in my local. I'm always pro active. Even if I was in a bad local or situation I would still try to help. I'm from the mold that being in a union is still cool. It seems like a lot of people these days don't think being union is cool like I do. Even if it's not going good I'm still going to try to make it better and I'm still a cool ass union dude.