Which Article-Hours based on Seniority

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Some locals have there own seniority practice, like mine.
As always, ask your steward and or business agent and have them show you the applicable language.
This site is possibly the worst place to come for contractual advice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Work should be offered in seniority order, when possible, but there is no article in the contract that I am aware of that addresses this.
Some locals have there own seniority practice, like mine.
As always, ask your steward and or business agent and have them show you the applicable language.
This site is possibly the worst place to come for contractual advice.
Is there a specific article in the NMA or your local supplement which addresses the OP's question?

Ouch

Article 39 sec 6 in the master here talks of seniority also. The least senior person shall be laid off first. Offering the work to a higher senior person. So on so on.

Ouch

Article 48 sec 5. In the event of a layoff the senior employee must displace a junior employee. Also replace any other junior employee in another classification or part time work. If the senior elects part time he must displace 2 part time employees if available. That's from the southern supplement.

Ouch

Article 48 sec 6 letter friend in the southern supplement. Permanent vacancy shall be bid and filled by the senior employee. We actually need to know where the op is and an instance he is referring too.