Which Big Shippers Will Express Fail This Peak?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We already know that individual customers are going to experience a FedEx FAIL this Peak, but what about the Big Gun shippers? Who will Memphis pick to overpromise, under-deliver, and disappoint this time around? I can just see the Call Centers for Apple, Amazon, and all the rest of them flooded with irate calls from their customers who didn't get the service they were promised? "Jimmy didn't get his gift by Christmas, and when I call 1-800-GoFedEx, I get an incompetent person who can't even tell me when it might be delivered".

Individuals? They are toast. Those Xmas packages won't get delivered until 2014.

Doc Sorting Dude

They will cater to the big Pharma companies. The rest they will just cross their fingers and hope they don't notice. They may have to pay another settlement after many "Big Gun" shippers will wonder why FDX hasn't given them their refunds due to service failures.

DontThrowPackages

Maybe with the new "Late resi commitment" time, I see PT'ers delivering in the dark while the oldtimers/FT'ers will work the businesses. I think the business will do find. I even picture some packages, like Apull and Namazon, being separated from others to make should they make it out on time. Personal Packages like, " Cookies From aunt Jennie to Little Forrest" will probably take a back seat.

SmithBarney

You are assuming all areas have PT's to spare, we have exactly 2. Nope we'll all be out delivering, the late commit right now just means more hours, the lady next to me doesn't want to work, so I take more stops off her every day...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our Senior decided over a month ago that despite what Memphis said, we were to deliver ALL SOS by 1500. I did it exactly one day and have ignored it since then. Haven't heard a word about it from my manager. The way the routes are set up now, I would never finish if I had to worry about Resi SOS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our Senior decided over a month ago that despite what Memphis said, we were to deliver ALL SOS by 1500. I did it exactly one day and have ignored it since then. Haven't heard a word about it from my manager. The way the routes are set up now, I would never finish if I had to worry about Resi SOS.

I think it has gotten to the point where local management just says what Memphis directs them to say, and then they largely ignore the directive, because they know it's stupid. Our upper level management is completely out-of-touch with what actually happens in the real world.

cancan

I think it is hilarious and sad that we are such a crappy company we actually have to prioritize our priority shipments.

overflowed

I think it is hilarious and sad that we are such a crappy company we actually have to prioritize our priority shipments.
Agree, however it is also very telling. It means they know they are understaffing stations and taking service service failures because of it. Most people would solve this problem by staffing appropriately.