While Our Attention Was Focused on Ferguson

wkmac

In all of the melee resulting from the shooting of Michael Brown by Officer Darren Wilson, the media has overlooked a number of other very important shootings of unarmed civilians by police officers. One of the most egregious offenses is that of Officer Joseph Weekley’s fatal shooting of 7-year-old Aiyana Stanley-Jones.

Officer Weekley recently saw manslaughter charge dropped against him, for shooting the 7-year-old while she slept.

The Detroit police officer had been on trial for involuntary manslaughter who was shot and killed during a 2010 police raid.

Charges Dropped For Cop Who Fatally Shot Sleeping 7-Year-Old Girl

moreluck

golden ticket member
Was it his 30th or 31st arrest? The guy had a laundry list of medical problems . If he hadn't been doing something illegal, this wouldn't have happened. There would be no reason for the cops to even look at him.
Maybe the grand jury was privvy to info. we aren't aware of. The grand jury was not all white like the mother insinuated

Last edited:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Bottom line, if you don't want to be accosted by the police, or maybe worse, than

DO NOT ENGAGE IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES!!!!!!!!

However, if you DO decide to engage in said nefarious activities, when confronted by the police, do NOT try to be a tough guy unless you are prepared to get your butt whooped, or worse.

#STOPACTINGLIKEDICKS

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Bottom line, if you don't want to be accosted by the police, or maybe worse, than

However, if you DO decide to engage in said nefarious activities, when confronted by the police, do NOT try to be a tough guy unless you are prepared to get your butt whooped, or worse.

#STOPACTINGLIKEDICKS
Yes. Do not attempt to resist arrest. This is the #1 reason these guys are dying.

bbsam

Staff member

#STOPACTINGLIKEDICKS
Helicopter gunships to the Bundy Ranch?

bbsam

Staff member
So when an old lady got mouthy with a cop, tazing her was appropriate?

When a mouthy woman got in her minivan with kids and drove off, firing shots at the van was correct use of force? I don't think some of you are thinking this through.

Sportello

Does this sound sensible to the posters here?

My 5 tips on how black and others can survive a police encounter with police are very simple and if you stop and think about it make a lot of sense:
1.Do NOT under any circumstance ARGUE with police out in the street. You cannot win an argument with police out in the field.
2.2. Do NOt raise your voice, but stay cool and calm. Do NOT make any quick or aggressive movements. Remember the police officer does NOT know you and will react to protect himself or those around him.
3.Police know that hands kill, so always keep your hands in plain sight. Before you move your hands ask permission, officer I need to go into my back pocket to get my ID, is that OK with you?
4.NEVER run from police even if you are innocent. When you run you create a heightened sense that something must be wrong here.
5.DO NOT resist arrest – if you do one of three things is going to happen:
a.You are going to get beat down till you stop resisting
b.You are going to get injured or accidentally killed
c.And you are going to have charges taken out against you

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
DON'T IGNORE THE COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think YOU'RE thinking this through. Age shouldn't matter in terms of respecting the Police, or would you have preferred if the cop had shot the old woman?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Does this sound sensible to the posters here?

My 5 tips on how black and others can survive a police encounter with police are very simple and if you stop and think about it make a lot of sense:
1.Do NOT under any circumstance ARGUE with police out in the street. You cannot win an argument with police out in the field.
2.2. Do NOt raise your voice, but stay cool and calm. Do NOT make any quick or aggressive movements. Remember the police officer does NOT know you and will react to protect himself or those around him.
3.Police know that hands kill, so always keep your hands in plain sight. Before you move your hands ask permission, officer I need to go into my back pocket to get my ID, is that OK with you?
4.NEVER run from police even if you are innocent. When you run you create a heightened sense that something must be wrong here.
5.DO NOT resist arrest – if you do one of three things is going to happen:
a.You are going to get beat down till you stop resisting
b.You are going to get injured or accidentally killed
c.And you are going to have charges taken out against you

Holy hell, he makes some sense!! Although 5 B and C should be reversed. If you're killed, no charges would be brought against you

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, one person who should have a troll label has responded. Who else feels 'comply or die' is proper policing?

Where did I say that, pal? If you hold a weapon and are told to drop it, then yes....your death would be justified.

If your 6 year old stole a candy bar and then instead of giving ot bacl to you, he ate it, no...he does not deserve to be Michael Brown'd