White tractors?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Are we painting all of the new tractors white? At first I thought maybe this was a subcontractor or a rental truck, but that is an authentic UPS logo on the door. What gives?
white tractor.jpg

raceanoncr

Thats a sleeper team. We lease the tractors so they leave them white.

AND, compared to "brown" tractors, comfortable as hell! In my tenure as a sleeper driver, we acquired two new Freightliners and promptly put about 800,000 miles each on em.

Air suspension, seats, cab, long wheelbase, carpet, two beds, tv, fridge, quiet, the usual XM, disc player, almost the works...

soberups

Thats a sleeper team. We lease the tractors so they leave them white.
That makes sense, you cant see it in the pic but it was pulling a set of triples. On Sunday afternoon. I couldnt figure out who would be doing that in a rental truck.

AND, compared to "brown" tractors, comfortable as hell! In my tenure as a sleeper driver, we acquired two new Freightliners and promptly put about 800,000 miles each on em.

Air suspension, seats, cab, long wheelbase, carpet, two beds, tv, fridge, quiet, the usual XM, disc player, almost the works...

They don`t seem to back up as well as the browns though :)

brett636

Sleeper team. Seen plenty of them around Louisville and my hub as well(even though we have no sleeper team runs from my building).

hypocrisy

Banned
They don`t seem to back up as well as the browns though :)

Thats because non-Sleeper drivers rely too much on the rear window instead of their mirrors (and can't adjust to the longer wheelbase).

Ya gotta work on those skills son!

(Actually most sleeper teams don't do much backing up. Their sets are built for them and waiting as it's paid by mileage and only hourly after a 2 hour delay at the TA etc. Most of our leased ones have a pintle, but the peak rentals do not, so you have to have trailer + gear backing skills to even build a set with them.)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm on vacation and have been on a roadtrip and I have seen several triples out west. WA, ID,UT, maybe OR? Can't remember.. exactly where I saw them.
I know for sure Utah allows them. AZ does only on I-15 in the NW corner of the state. I'm pretty sure WY and MT allow them.

soberups

I highly doubt you saw it pulling triples, that would be over length (105ft) in Oregon. Might want to get some glasses.

I have glasses. And I know how to count to three. Triples are legal in Oregon, I see them all the time. Might want to get a clue.

Thats because non-Sleeper drivers rely too much on the rear window instead of their mirrors (and can't adjust to the longer wheelbase).

Ya gotta work on those skills son!

(Actually most sleeper teams don't do much backing up. Their sets are built for them and waiting as it's paid by mileage and only hourly after a 2 hour delay at the TA etc. Most of our leased ones have a pintle, but the peak rentals do not, so you have to have trailer + gear backing skills to even build a set with them.)

I know. I sometimes have the "privilege" of putting sets together for them. I especially like when they try and tell you how to do your job. I love taking orders from a guy in a cowboy hat, dago t, and sandals with socks. "Oopsy, I didn`t mean to get grease on your hoses" sorry.