Whites Creek hub in Nashville

Overpaid Union Thug

Is there anybody who works as PC driver or feeder driver at the Whites Creek hub?
There are a couple of WC feeder drivers and at least one 22.3 from there that chime in every once in a while. Any others that are on the forum either don't participate or just don't reveal where they work. I used to work there a very long time ago. I'm still in the same local though. There is an ex Massman (other hub in Nashville) PC driver that chimes in once in a while too.

Speaking of which, does anybody know anything about the demand at the creek for this year? I know last year they pulled part timers that had barely gained seniority into feeders

Overpaid Union Thug

Speaking of which, does anybody know anything about the demand at the creek for this year? I know last year they pulled part timers that had barely gained seniority into feeders
I believe that craziness has ended or slowed down a bunch at Whites Creek. Many of those part-timers were Feeder TCDs and were back in their hub jobs after Christmas. It was to the point where they were even consisting hiring from other buildings in the local to keep up. It never happened. Some people in these outlying buildings got excited for nothing. And not only that but Whites Creek still gets to do some of everyone else's CPU work. And some of other buildings' regular feeder work. Both of which violates the local's own rules on that issue.

2014 was was definitely a good year to work in the hubs. There was lots of upward mobility.

Last edited:
That's obviously not what I wanted to hear but thank you for your reply. I have heard all kinds of stuff from a driver, supervisors, and union rep most saying they will be needing a bunch, one even said they are going to add 60 trucks and hire up to 80 drivers this year. They may be dreaming just like me though lol

Overpaid Union Thug

That's obviously not what I wanted to hear but thank you for your reply. I have heard all kinds of stuff from a driver, supervisors, and union rep most saying they will be needing a bunch, one even said they are going to add 60 trucks and hire up to 80 drivers this year. They may be dreaming just like me though lol
That could be true. There might be a lot of people retiring this year. Definitely keep asking people who work there. But it definitely is not like last year that's for sure.

There are a lot of people that COULD retire so that's no guarantee, I'm working it as a 2nd job now, drove seasonal a few years ago so I'm just putting my time in for now hopefully it'll come sooner than later!

govols019

You smell that?
I believe that craziness has ended or slowed down a bunch at Whites Creek. Many of those part-timers were Feeder TCDs and were back in their hub jobs after Christmas. It was to the point where they were even consisting hiring from other buildings in the local to keep up. It never happened. Some people in these outlying buildings got excited for nothing. And not only that but Whites Creek still gets to do some of everyone else's CPU work. And some of other buildings' regular feeder work. Both of which violates the local's own rules on that issue.

2014 was was definitely a good year to work in the hubs. There was lots of upward mobility.

We have drivers from other buildings pulling empties to our center and then taking our loads to Oakhaven and the Creek. Nothing we can do about it.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have drivers from other buildings pulling empties to our center and then taking our loads to Oakhaven and the Creek. Nothing we can do about it.
I'm talking about Central Pickup being done by another building's feeder department despite the local saying that isn't allowed (I personally heard the Creek's BA say it) or buildings that don't have a feeder department at all because others are doing their work. What you are talking about would require that each building's feeder drivers bobtail back and forth to avoid picking up loads from other buildings. That would be a disaster. LOL!