Who are you voting for in 2021. Sean o'Brien or the other guy

cachmeifucan

I'm voting o'Brien mainly because our guy Juan Campos is on the slate. And local 705 is a pretty good local. I hope o'Brien wins. Should be interesting.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
whoever it is has their hands full. Have a feeling the new President may want to send a message to UPS and push for a strike next contract. Have a feeling UPS will oblige.

cachmeifucan

I doubt it. Ups making record profits. I think they profited over 6 billion in 3 quarters. The bonuses now help out more then just new hires. So ups gets temporary help for peak season. Most people are content with team care. 705 is a strong local.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I doubt it. Ups making record profits. I think they profited over 6 billion in 3 quarters. The bonuses now help out more then just new hires. So ups gets temporary help for peak season. Most people are content with team care. 705 is a strong local.
UPS is gonna come gunning for both your local, and mine (710).
BA said they don't want us outside of the national.

It's all mostly the same, but we do have a few niceties that the national guys didn't get.
I think we're the most at risk groups out of the whole.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The new president you talking about biden. All the cheap labor he is about to import should help ups.
Disagree completely.

The new minimum wage is going to be 15 bucks an hour under that bill they're introducing, right?

Who wants to preload at 3 in the morning for minimum wage?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
dont forget benefits.....
Oh sure. The benefits are great.

But somewhere in the ballpark of half the part timers are just potheads looking for a quick buck who don't make it the 9 months to get bennies anyway.

My point is that the revolving door is just gonna start spinning even faster, if that's possible.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Um cheap labor coming from Guatemala they already on the way
Without devolving to current events here, the idea is that UPS will immediately become a minimum wage job.

Now. Would you like to lean on a broom somewhere, or load 4 trucks a morning for the same pay?
It will affect turnover of the younger guys massively.

cachmeifucan

If ups is the only company hiring because other small businesses are eliminating jobs. Millennials dont go to malls they order everything. We still have good health insurance and tuition reimbursement. And the bill hasn't even been introduced much less pass

cachmeifucan

UPS is gonna come gunning for both your local, and mine (710).
BA said they don't want us outside of the national.

It's all mostly the same, but we do have a few niceties that the national guys didn't get.
I think we're the most at risk groups out of the whole.
I hope not but how is that ups choice I always heard it was Hoffa jr we had to worry about taking over our locals and together we are less than 20k employees.

542thruNthru

I haven't decided yet who I'm voting for. Also the "other guy" is Steve Viarma and Ron Hrrera.

The fact that you don't know who the other guy is and have already decided says a lot.