Who came up with this 9.5 "opt in" list BS?!

SnakePlissken

And why would we have ever agreed to this crap? We don't have it at our center-- yet-- but I'm pissed off as hell about losing the right to file for every instance unless I'm "on the list." All it did was make targeting specific employees a little easier for management. I can't wrap my mind around how we ok'd this travesty. I didn't-- I voted "NO" so I ain't happy about it but at least I have the right to bitch...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are drivers who want the OT and others who don't. The 9.5 list is for those who don't so that they can get their grievances paid when they are overdispatched.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We don't have it at our center-- yet-- but I'm pissed off as hell about losing the right to file for every instance unless I'm "on the list."

Why haven't you put your name on the list? All you have to do is go in your center manager's office with a job steward and sign up. I don't feel sorry for drivers that complain about the excessive overtime but are too bothered to grieve it. That is why we have a contract.

Buck Fifty

Here, you can't just add your name to the list. You have to file a grievance after you've been violated. then it stays on the list for a rolling 5 months. The whole thing is crap and that's all I have to say about that.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Who came up with this 9.5 "opt in" list BS?!

If you don't want the OT, it's imperative that you get on that list whether or not you like the reasoning behind it.

It's been my experience that the dispatch stupidvisor will make it a point to over-dispatch those not on the list so they don't have to deal with the grievances of those on the list.

Delivered

Re: Who came up with this 9.5 "opt in" list BS?!

If you don't want the OT, it's imperative that you get on that list whether or not you like the reasoning behind it.

It's been my experience that the dispatch stupidvisor will make it a point to over-dispatch those not on the list so they don't have to deal with the grievances of those on the list.

There is NO 9.5 list for those of us under the Central Supplement.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep I'm not on the list. I have my reasons. I'd prefer about ten hours of work a day. This 11-12 everyday is wearing on me though. It's funny they are going to push me to file when I don't even want to be under 9.5. Under 11 is all I'm asking for lol.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Here, you can't just add your name to the list. You have to file a grievance after you've been violated. then it stays on the list for a rolling 5 months. The whole thing is crap and that's all I have to say about that.
you are doing it wrong if its 'crap'
Every 8 weeks i get between $1000-1500 in penalty pay, JUST FOR WRITING THE GRIEVANCE! it aint rocket science

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

in my Centre Management dosent give a toss either way. dispatches run 11-12 hours every day. The DM has stated he'd rather pay than put more people on the road

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yep I'm not on the list. I have my reasons. I'd prefer about ten hours of work a day. This 11-12 everyday is wearing on me though. It's funny they are going to push me to file when I don't even want to be under 9.5. Under 11 is all I'm asking for lol.
do you realize just how much money you are screwing yourself out of by not filing?

UPS Preloader

I apologize if I'm over stepping my bounds as I am only a preloader, but the 9.5 list is covered under Article 37 in the National Contract. Are you telling me the Central Supplement takes it away?

oldngray

nowhere special

I apologize if I'm over stepping my bounds as I am only a preloader, but the 9.5 list is covered under Article 37 in the National Contract. Are you telling me the Central Supplement takes it away?

in Central no 9.5 list but you can file a grievance if you are dispatched over 9.5 3 times in 5 working days and complain about it. No extra pay but the company must reduce your dispatch. So effectively 2 10+ hours days then the third day you will get less so you can't file . And repeat.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

in Central no 9.5 list but you can file a grievance if you are dispatched over 9.5 3 times in 5 working days and complain about it. No extra pay but the company must reduce your dispatch. So effectively 2 10+ hours days then the third day you will get less so you can't file . And repeat.

What states are in the central area??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
do you realize just how much money you are screwing yourself out of by not filing?

I think the number one reason people who want to file but don't is they start to harass and go out with you...if you are planning a 10 hour day that's easier to explain than having an 8.3 day and working over 9.5. Very few routes here plan over 9.5 which I believe is on purpose to make the illusion that they didn't overdispatch you.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think the number one reason people who want to file but don't is they start to harass and go out with you...if you are planning a 10 hour day that's easier to explain than having an 8.3 day and working over 9.5. Very few routes here plan over 9.5 which I believe is on purpose to make the illusion that they didn't overdispatch you.

Exactly. They will monkey with the numbers so it shows 9.3 or 9.4 by their numbers when its usually more like 10-11. They can claim they didn't know they dispatched you over 9.5.

stink219

There is in the new TA

SnakePlissken

Why haven't you put your name on the list? All you have to do is go in your center manager's office with a job steward and sign up. I don't feel sorry for drivers that complain about the excessive overtime but are too bothered to grieve it. That is why we have a contract.

You quoted me saying that "we don't have it at our center-- yet" so I'm baffled by your "I don't feel sorry" response... ;)

There is in the new TA

I'm even more baffled by this being in the language though. It's like UPS gets to screw you once for free AND then you have to file the next time if you're not "on the list." That's BS. I know you should've been on it already, but in some cases your route is fine for a while and then they dump a bunch of excess crap on you and then it's too late because you're 'not on the list." You should still be able to file when it occurs and not the next time down the road. You don't get screwed for free at a whore house but you can at UPS! And why do you even come off the list 5 or 6 months later anyway? To get another free screw if you forget or were on vacation. More BS.

stink219

You quoted me saying that "we don't have it at our center-- yet" so I'm baffled by your "I don't feel sorry" response... ;)

There is in the new TA

I'm even more baffled by this being in the language though. It's like UPS gets to screw you once for free AND then you have to file the next time if you're not "on the list." That's BS. I know you should've been on it already, but in some cases your route is fine for a while and then they dump a bunch of excess crap on you and then it's too late because you're 'not on the list." You should still be able to file when it occurs and not the next time down the road. You don't get screwed for free at a whore house but you can at UPS! And why do you even come off the list 5 or 6 months later anyway? To get another free screw if you forget or were on vacation. More BS.
I sounds like you have limited understanding of the 9.5 language. Does anyone else get that impression or is it me? And you don't get screwed for free at UPS, I charge $48.39 per hour of screw time.