Who else was able to take their kids trick or treating for the first time?

JL 0513

Due to the current lower dispatch game UPS is playing, I was home in time to go out trick or treating with the kids. The one other exception I went was when Halloween was on a Saturday or Sunday.

I've always wondered why up until now why UPS wouldn't do 8 hr dispatches for this one day a year at least. Would it have killed them? It's always been the normal out 'til 7 - 8:30 during the entire trick or treating window when the whole country is walking in the middle of the street and you now have to navigate a UPS truck though. Safety first! Not to mention that perhaps it would be nice of UPS to allow you to go out with your family that one night a year.

JL 0513

They don't give a :censored2: about you or your family. That's why.

I would think that keeping us out when the middle of streets are filled with distracted kids running around in the dark would be a bad for business liability risk. One 8 hour day a year was out of the question though.

Indecisi0n

I would think that keeping us out when the middle of streets are filled with distracted kids running around in the dark would be a bad for business liability risk. One 8 hour day a year was out of the question.
Because the simple truth is it would impact profits. They will give you some lame ass excuse that because you are such a well trained professional you shouldn't have any problems.

JL 0513

Because the simple truth is it would impact profits. They will give you some lame ass excuse that because you are such a well trained professional you shouldn't have any problems.

And yet their new bean counter has determined we can now have 8.2 hr dispatches company wide.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Due to the current lower dispatch game UPS is playing, I was home in time to go out trick or treating with the kids. The one other exception I went was when Halloween was on a Saturday or Sunday.

I've always wondered why up until now why UPS wouldn't do 8 hr dispatches for this one day a year at least. Would it have killed them? It's always been the normal out 'til 7 - 8:30 during the entire trick or treating window when the whole country is walking in the middle of the street and you now have to navigate a UPS truck though. Safety first! Not to mention that perhaps it would be nice of UPS to allow you to go out with your family that one night a year.
It's my least favorite day of the year to deliver. So I took an option day.

Maplewood

The only good thing George W. Bush ever did was move daylight savings from October to November! It gets dark Early in Western Washington.

JL 0513

There's petitioning going on to move Halloween to the last Saturday in October.

Don't see it ever happening. Just too much history with it being the 31st. Otherwise, it does make sense to do. A weeknight makes it harder for most people, including the little kids who normally go to bed at 8 and have school the next morning.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I clocked out at 2100... yeah it sucked staying focused on avoiding kids on top of deer running rampant on my rural route at dusk between 1800 to clock out time

I'll just buy the Halloween candy at a 50% discount today

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I take Halloween off every year. It’s the biggest holiday in our household. Got to see the new Halloween in IMAX with the wife, then took the kids out trick-or-treating until the rain came. Great day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I always had the hot young girlfriend take the kids out. Worked out well.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Only in America can we turn a Halloween topic into a di*k measuring contest. "The guy I voted for was waaaay better." Meanwhile, they ALL suck us dry like vampires. MURICA

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's petitioning going on to move Halloween to the last Saturday in October.

Don't see it ever happening. Just too much history with it being the 31st. Otherwise, it does make sense to do. A weeknight makes it harder for most people, including the little kids who normally go to bed at 8 and have school the next morning.
Halloween is the 31st for historical reasons. Just like July 4th.

This is just how lazy our society has become. Looking for the easiest path for everything. My town changed trick or treating to the 30th because it was supposed to rain yesterday. Ya know god forbid Tommy and Suzy get a little wet.