Who Fuels Up?

PSP

AM or PM? Also, at what fuel level? Half or quarter? This is constantly an issue, so I wanted thoughts.

dezguy

I generally fuel up at half a tank. Doesn't matter who fills the truck, just don't be a dick. If you're driving it and it's at half tank, take the 5 minutes to top it up.

Yomama11

Depends on the route. If no one else drives the truck some routes can go three days without fueling. If the the route cant be done the next day on whats left in the tank then fill it up.

PSP

I swear someone has this down to a science, because I've fueled the same truck every week without any sign of them getting gas within the month. It's BS, and the "on road hours" card seems to be played hardcore by AM while the PM cleans up the :censored2:.

dezguy

I swear someone has this down to a science, because I've fueled the same truck every week without any sign of them getting gas within the month. It's BS, and the "on road hours" card seems to be played hardcore by AM while the PM cleans up the :censored2:.
Who cares? Paid by the hour. Enjoy your 5 minutes of being paid for standing around.

PSP

True, but typically it's when I'm running behind when I need fuel the most lmao. Talking a PUP rte. But yeah, just venting so you guys are right. Money is money.

SmithBarney

Who cares? Paid by the hour. Enjoy your 5 minutes of being paid for standing around.

5 minutes.. who are you kidding, the receipt printer wasn't working on the pump so I had to go in the store to get a reprint, and a snickers, and use the bathroom, buy some lotto tickets... at least 15minutes... ;)

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Coworker got tired of the same BS. So he would only replace the amount he figured he used each day. What I call being a justifiable d*ckhead.

dezguy

True, but typically it's when I'm running behind when I need fuel the most lmao. Talking a PUP rte. But yeah, just venting so you guys are right. Money is money.
Not your problem. Service failures don't go on you, they go on the station.

Manager: Why were you late to pup X?
You: I needed fuel.

End of story. That happens a few times and maybe your manager tells the AM side to start fueling.

Give me the tools to do my job and I'll make service pretty much every time. Don't give me the tools, that's fine but don't blame me when I don't make service.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
AM or PM? Also, at what fuel level? Half or quarter? This is constantly an issue, so I wanted thoughts.
Our rule of thumb is package car should be fueled at 1/2 half tank which is every two days, I prefer to fuel in the morning to avoid evening rush at the fuel island in unleaded car, but it depends on how much air and how late we leave building. Diesel trucks are fueled on road so I will do that on route

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not your problem. Service failures don't go on you, they go on the station.

Manager: Why were you late to pup X?
You: I needed fuel.

End of story. That happens a few times and maybe your manager tells the AM side to start fueling.

Give me the tools to do my job and I'll make service pretty much every time. Don't give me the tools, that's fine but don't blame me when I don't make service.
Agreed. When we put ownership for these problems where they belong, with management, our lives are so much more stress free. I try to only worry about things that I can control when it comes to FedEx.

Oldfart

As posted in previous threads, fill up at a gas station with a rewards program and get free stuff
If you use a company credit card, how are you gonna get free stuff? Most of the stations near our station already give us free coffee and soft drinks when we fill up. Not sure what other free stuff we should expect.