who got murdered today? On Topic

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
:censored2: did hit the fan... crammed 190 boxes and had a few un scanned into the mix, rolled out at 1330, clocked out at 0115 today.

10 hour reset puts me to roll into the terminal at 1115.

Gah, if they can also look away from that DOT rest period, then I can sort my cargo early

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I crushed my route and everybody in my loop did too (roughly 450 stops between 3 of us). We consolidated our pickups and outbound and all got back to the station at the same time.

Then after working the night sort, I was voluntold to go back out and help another who didn’t ask for help when people were offering at 16:00. I clocked out just under 14 hours.

There's one in every station.

HD219

Your guys volume is picking up to where my stations volume started Cyber Monday. It's slowed down for us significantly the passed 2 weeks. Had a driver pull an absolute no no and call in today. Had to run my route and his.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I want to call out today.... clocked out at 0230 & can't roll in the terminal until 1230pm.

They better have someone else cover my rural route & I'll be "clean up" today, or it's going to be another late night

HedleyLamarr

I crushed my route and everybody in my loop did too (roughly 450 stops between 3 of us). We consolidated our pickups and outbound and all got back to the station at the same time.

Then after working the night sort, I was voluntold to go back out and help another who didn’t ask for help when people were offering at 16:00. I clocked out just under 14 hours.

So you are allowed to work over 12? Did you take a 2 hour break? Dispatch sends us multiple messages everyday reminding everyone to not go over 12 hours. I have been told management gets bonuses is they can keep us under 12, and that is why they are so obsessed with it.

We got completely crushed this week. Tons of rolled over freight. Going to be a long weekend catching up.

Purplepackage

30 min break. Have been that way forever at my station.

We’re getting so crushed by volume that most of us are over 12 daily. No manager is getting anything for a bonus at my station lol.

We rolled so much today, my management teams only hope at this point is that we have a light day tomorrow.

In all honestly I hope we get slammed again so I can watch them sink lol

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have been told management gets bonuses is they can keep us under 12, and that is why they are so obsessed with it. .

LOL, don't believe everything you hear. The only bonus management gets is the annual AIC and it's based on various business objectives that are (or aren't) achieved by the company as a whole.

HedleyLamarr

LOL, don't believe everything you hear. The only bonus management gets is the annual AIC and it's based on various business objectives that are (or aren't) achieved by the company as a whole.

Then why do you think our SM is so nuts about us staying under 12? The couriers at my station are frustrated over this. We are rolling over more pieces than we should be if only we could stay out longer?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Then why do you think our SM is so nuts about us staying under 12? The couriers at my station are frustrated over this. We are rolling over more pieces than we should be if only we could stay out longer?
My manager sent me a message today telling me I had 13 hours available plus 30 minute break which would have had me punching out at 2155. Hahahahaha....no.

Star B

White Lightening
We're barely above water. The only people who aren't leaving to go out on routes are the CSAs, mechanics, and dispatchers.

The SM was out, every AM manager was out, any ramper that could drive was out... and there was two pallets of rolled freight. However, that sounds quite a bit better than most.

dezguy

With all due respect, why would any of you be frustrated? You're doing what you can. If management wants a bunch of rolled freight sitting around, not getting delivered, that's on them, not you. If FedEx wants to allow more freight than the system can handle, that's on them, not you.

Learn to let the stuff you can't control, go. If a customer gets mad direct them to call the 1800 number and ask for operations management. These decisions are beyond your pay grade.

bacha29

With all due respect, why would any of you be frustrated? You're doing what you can. If management wants a bunch of rolled freight sitting around, not getting delivered, that's on them, not you. If FedEx wants to allow more freight than the system can handle, that's on them, not you.

Learn to let the stuff you can't control, go. If a customer gets mad direct them to call the 1800 number and ask for operations management. These decisions are beyond your pay grade.
An excellent point. There are only two constants when it comes to ho ho ho season. Reps will over sell the service and the pipeline will be so overloaded so stuffed full of Christmas joy that you practically have to crawl in there with a pick and shovel and dig it out just to get it moving again.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My last peak was a couple of years ago and it was bad with lots of rollover. Seems like mismanagement has done very little to improve the situation as it sounds like it's gotten worse. Upper mismanagement must be completely clueless as to whats going on or the simply don't care. Take your pick.

Preventable

My last peak was a couple of years ago and it was bad with lots of rollover. Seems like mismanagement has done very little to improve the situation as it sounds like it's gotten worse. Upper mismanagement must be completely clueless as to whats going on or the simply don't care. Take your pick.

From what I've heard this peak, despite being worse than last year (last year was easiest/best peak ever) has still been better than the peaks of the last few years. I am talking about express btw, ground sounds like they are getting bent over as hard ever.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
From what I've heard this peak, despite being worse than last year (last year was easiest/best peak ever) has still been better than the peaks of the last few years. I am talking about express btw, ground sounds like they are getting bent over as hard ever.
Yep, I was talking about Express too.

Oldfart

The hub stayed pretty well caught up. Most rollover was at station level...

You left and peak got better. Hhhmmm