who got murdered today? On Topic

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Desperate attempt for management to not be on-call for Christmas.

There were a couple kool aid drinkers who were thinking about it but, as I explained to one of them, you're then responsible for those packages and you're on call without even getting paid. What happens if you're at Christmas dinner and someone wants their package?
We have 10-15 people on a sign-up sheet to work Christmas Day. I’ll give you one guess whose name ISN’T on that list....,,that’s right, moi! I plan to be drinking much alcohol to start off my vacation. :)

dezguy

We have 10-15 people on a sign-up sheet to work Christmas Day. I’ll give you one guess whose name ISN’T on that list....,,that’s right, moi! I plan to be drinking much alcohol to start off my vacation. :)
Eeeeeeeeeffffff that! lol they can't even get me to work past 5, I'd love for them to ask me to work Christmas day!

SmithBarney

Officially toast, they forbid us from taking out deferred freight today, only stuff due today(or yesterday) went out. I cleaned up ran about 150% of normal stops, routes all around only got about 50% of their work off, no extra help available, none tomorrow either. Forced Saturday as well... I guess 12hours of OT on Saturday will be nice...oops DOT violation

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Officially toast, they forbid us from taking out deferred freight today, only stuff due today(or yesterday) went out. I cleaned up ran about 150% of normal stops, routes all around only got about 50% of their work off, no extra help available, none tomorrow either. Forced Saturday as well... I guess 12hours of OT on Saturday will be nice...oops DOT violation
Lol. I delivered a few fridays today. Bunch of Thursdays.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Today management floated the idea of employees who live out of town, taking home codes on Dec 24 so customers near them could pick them up, if needed. Then "suggested" they would assign employees to be on-call for Dec 25 when that idea went over like a fart in church.
There’s lots of mentally ill managers at Express. Case in point.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's because you haven't been on the receiving end of their talents.

I've seen great ones and terrible ones and various types in between.

Personal experience: Manager says "Give that information to the engineer", engineer says "What do you want me to do with it?"

Did you tell him?

Manager I personally know goes into engineers office..."We need to get this route fixed ASAP", engineer (on computer) says "I'll get to it after I finish here". Manager walks around desk to see computer monitor, engineer is fkin playing Solitaire.

What's the big deal about that?

It will be fine

I had a Jewish ops manager that loved the double time pay they gave him to man the station on Christmas Day. He didn’t give a hoot about Christmas and there was literally nothing to do all day. That’s easy money.

McFeely

Huge Member
Same here, with the exception of Monday. For some reason, Monday is sacred.

Monday was the only day I got a decent amount of work. Approx 80 deliveries Tues/Weds, but about 130 on Monday. As long as the weather is good here we're taking everything that comes to our station each day.

Star B

White Lightening
Monday was the only day I got a decent amount of work. Approx 80 deliveries Tues/Weds, but about 130 on Monday. As long as the weather is good here we're taking everything that comes to our station each day.
Even with the weather being :censored2:ty, we're still pushing what comes in. Monday was the lightest day this week!

SmithBarney

Yahoo called out sick today... ran full operations today 75% of the routes went out with 5-20 stops... complete waste of time(and OT $), 5 crrs sent home with guarantee pay.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
My terminal has completely thrown the 34 hour rest period out the window. They made it so you can work as many hours as you want if you stay in a vehicle under 10k lbs.
Whelp that was proven today... I went to cover a suburbia route... apparently the driver quit on the spot Saturday, LoL

So went to terminal parking lot to find a full truck... preload in stop order, slip a fresh battery into the powerpad, log in and on route by noon. 40 miles to area and only 30 miles for the actual route! 60 miles to get home though.

sketch-1545007786026.png

I was flying thru the neighborhood, while double bagging their boxes from the rainstorm today... I forgot how much easier suburbia is vs my rural route.

If I had that many stops on my area, it would've taken me up until 2300 on a nice weather day.

Hopefully No white gold until after New year's & it'll be one of the easiest peaks I've had.

HD219

Whelp that was proven today... I went to cover a suburbia route... apparently the driver quit on the spot Saturday, LoL

So went to terminal parking lot to find a full truck... preload in stop order, slip a fresh battery into the powerpad, log in and on route by noon. 40 miles to area and only 30 miles for the actual route! 60 miles to get home though.

View attachment 226587

I was flying thru the neighborhood, while double bagging their boxes from the rainstorm today... I forgot how much easier suburbia is vs my rural route.

If I had that many stops on my area, it would've taken me up until 2300 on a nice weather day.

Hopefully No white gold until after New year's & it'll be one of the easiest peaks I've had.
Suburban routes can be refreshing. I prefer the rural routes. Less chaotic.