Who Has The Final Say As To The Best of My Ability

If I am sent to unload and work very slow (I am 63 with over 10-years seniority) can UPS say you are not up to the job and thus terminated or do they have to transfer you (me) to another type of work; I have heard numerous interpretations of this "to the best of my ability" but I would like to hear from someone who knows. And who decides if there is a transfer where/what the next position is....

I would like to speak with labor directly; it appears this question requires too much work for my business agent, or he doesn't give a damn about preload. Is it possible to speak directly with labor and, if so, how do I go about doing that? Is the labor number listed somewhere?

Thank You,

undies

Be consistent as possible. If you get labeled with a disability, they will have to accommodate you with a different job. As far as I know, you cannot be fired for working safe, which is in their eyes, slow.

PT Car Washer

If I am sent to unload and work very slow (I am 63 with over 10-years seniority) can UPS say you are not up to the job and thus terminated or do they have to transfer you (me) to another type of work; I have heard numerous interpretations of this "to the best of my ability" but I would like to hear from someone who knows. And who decides if there is a transfer where/what the next position is....

I would like to speak with labor directly; it appears this question requires too much work for my business agent, or he doesn't give a damn about preload. Is it possible to speak directly with labor and, if so, how do I go about doing that? Is the labor number listed somewhere?

Thank You,
If you have 10 years seniority it should be almost impossible for you to get fired. Remember age and physical condition.

Gman33909

Just keep following up with your BA until he helps you, if there telling you to hurry up say I'm working to the best of my ability. If there really harassing you then file a grievance, but it should be warranted don't be lazy

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

Thank You,
There must be a respected steward in your building you could ask. This is pretty common at our hub. Have they been harassing you? If you have been there 10 years you should know the score by now. Just answer that you are doing the best you can while using the methods you were trained in.

If you have health issues and can no longer do that job they should be able to put you somewhere......like small sorts or something similar.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Thank You,

National Master Agreement. Article 36.