Who Is Arming The Mexican Drug Cartels?

wkmac

And people of so-called both political sides may not like the answer at the end of the day either!

And before you think such an idea is crazy and looney then you might consider the "Dark Alliance" of the CIA and Central American drug traffickers from back in the 1980's.

At the time, the idea of this seemed looney too but in time those that had attacked this as nutty came to see it from another perspective. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb

Alexander Cockburn speaks to truth!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
their countrymen.

Don't forget that anti-drug military unit that the US trained & equipped . I believe the unit was 1500 strong, That as a group switch sides.
Nor the reports that Mexican military units have been seen within our borders
protecting drug runners.
And after that little Central American war a few years ago, just where did all those guns go.
How about those 1,000,000 AK47's that dictator in South America claims to have. Has he been sharing a few ?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont know.

I do know that trying to take away my 2nd Amendment rights will not solve the gun violence problem in Mexico.

I do know that the fully-automatic machine guns that the cartels are using have been illegal in the US for over 60 years now.

I do know that the current administration will probably try to use the problems in Mexico as justification for imposing more worthless gun restrictions upon law-abiding Americans, because Nancy Pelosi gets her granny panties in a big knot over the idea of anyone in America having a gun.

wkmac

Fox News reports that of all the weapons in Mexico only 17% actually came from The USA.

Post the link Baba because there is more in the story than just that. It also points out some of what Mike Gaddy asserts in that much of the weapons are more linked to the US via Mexican Military. Our military aid seems to be making it's way into arming the drug war. But then we've given WMD to tyrantical dictators ala Saddam Hussien in the Iraq/Iran war and funded Osama bin Laden via the Pakistan ISI so why should this be any different?