Who issues W2 for short term disability payments

jim50321

I was on short term disability early last year for some surgery. Is there a separate W2
for those payments? If so who is suppose to send it out- UPS or TeamCare? Have received a UPS W2 a 1095c and nothing else. If there is a separate W2 who do I contact to get one re-issued?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Excellent question. I was also on STD in 2016 and have yet to receive a W-2 from the provider.

I have already filed and received both refunds so I am not going to worry about it.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Short term disability is prob tax free although you should include this amount on the sales tax portion of ur deductions as it will give you a bigger sales tax deduction if you itemize. What I mean is... In at least turbo tax it will ask you what additional income you have that is considered tax free...such as workers comp, child support received,impairment rating money ,the sales tax amount you are credited will be greater on ur total income thus reducing taxes owed. No form for these amounts is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Short term disability is prob tax free although you should include this amount on the sales tax portion of ur deductions as it will give you a bigger sales tax deduction if you itemize. What I mean is... In at least turbo tax it will ask you what additional income you have that is considered tax free...such as workers comp, child support received,impairment rating money ,the sales tax amount you are credited will be greater on ur total income thus reducing taxes owed. No form for these amounts is needed.

Glad I didn't have you do my taxes.

STD payments have federal tax withheld.

Thank for playing.

pkgdriver

I was on STD in 2015 and 2013. FICA taxes were taken out of the checks I received. If the employer pays for the STD benefit it is usually taxable. If you paid for the policy It may or may not be taxable. I did not receive any tax documents from the provider either.

jim50321

The STD checks came from Team Care. My total pay on the UPS w2 does not reflect the money I received on disability but when I calculate the taxes the withholding is for to full amount.