Who makes more? Class A UPS freight driver or UPS delivery driver who delivers packages to homes &

cyberdyne

How much does class A UPS freight driver make compared to regular UPS delivery driver? I saw on the UPSJOBS website job description that as long as you have one year class A experience, you can be a class A UPS freight driver compared to if you want to be a regular UPS delivery driver, you have to be a UPS package handler for 7 years first. If that's the case, then I was thinking of getting my class A license, get one year of class A driving experience with Walmart or Mcdonalds or some companies like that and then apply as a UPS freight driver one year later instead of getting hired as a part time UPS package handler right now and working part time for 7 years before becoming a regular UPS delivery driver.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
How much does class A UPS freight driver make compared to regular UPS delivery driver? I saw on the UPSJOBS website job description that as long as you have one year class A experience, you can be a class A UPS freight driver compared to if you want to be a regular UPS delivery driver, you have to be a UPS package handler for 7 years first. If that's the case, then I was thinking of getting my class A license, get one year of class A driving experience with Walmart or Mcdonalds or some companies like that and then apply as a UPS freight driver one year later instead of getting hired as a part time UPS package handler right now and working part time for 7 years before becoming a regular UPS delivery driver.

UPS Freight is a different company than UPS. Depending on what part of the country you are in is how long it takes to get a driving job. Some places are desperate for tractor trailer drivers or as we call them feeder drivers and you can be hired off the the street into it, but you will have no senority and will be the first laid off. Use the search function on this site to find out what the pay is for a package car driver as opposed to a feeder driver.
And for the love of god stop starting threads asking the same question over and over

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
UPS Freight is a different company than UPS. Depending on what part of the contract you are in is how long it takes to get a driving job. Some places are desperate for tractor trailer drivers or as we call them feeder drivers and you can be hired off the the street into it, but you will have no senority and will be the first laid off. Use the search function on this site to find out what the pay is for a package car driver as opposed to a feeder driver.
And for the love of god stop starting threads asking the same question over and over

Not very helpful there, big fella.

cyberdyne

Oh sorry. I posted this question few hours ago but I didn't get any response. I thought it was posted in a forum that nobody comes in. So I posted in this forum this time. Sorry.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1461796223.187526.jpg

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Well UPS package handler doesn't work for UPS freight. So there is a difference. UPS and UPS freight are two different things. You should just get your class A and drive for someone else.