Who remembers

yonnko

For the old timers. Remember when UPS used to shine? What has happened?

I remember when heads used to roll for service failures of any kind. Now it is common practice at least in my center nobody cares.

qdg2

Buy a hot dog and Mountain Dew at a Love's.....making your load late......you'll see.....

Or take a crap at precisely the same time everyday.....you'll see.....

Oh heads roll.....

Johney

If our air can is 30 minutes late we just run it the next day....it's sickening.
I can remember as a rookie RPCD being sent to Delta freight terminal for a NDA letter that missed the plane and was line flighted in to at least make next day service. Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening now.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I can remember as a rookie RPCD being sent to Delta freight terminal for a NDA letter that missed the plane and was line flighted in to at least make next day service. Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening now.
Next day air was very serious when I started. If you had a ton of air in the morning and said you probably weren’t going to make commit on some, they would actually make some adjustments.

PT Car Washer

I used to take NDA misloads to ctrs. all over the state just to make service by 10:30 the same day.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I remember dropping air pieces off at the airport on my way in if I was going to miss the sort (high mile rural route}.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why is service going downtown? Like consumers not balking as corporations jack prices up and up, customers are allowing poor service. Ultimately, the consumer dictates how much the business can get away with.

oldupsman

I used to take NDA misloads to ctrs. all over the state just to make service by 10:30 the same day.
I used to deliver Washington's Crossing Pa. NDA came in one day for Washington's Crossing NJ.
They were right across the Delaware river from one another. Across the bridge I went. I remember
being proud making that delivery. Now we're just another half-assed delivery company.

Johney

Why is service going downtown? Like consumers not balking as corporations jack prices up and up, customers are allowing poor service. Ultimately, the consumer dictates how much the business can get away with.
The big problem is it’s everywhere and in every aspect of today’s business, everyone has just come to accept any service industry sucks, ups just jumped on the bandwagon in not giving a :censored2:. In a business sense why not? Joe Blow may bitch he didn’t get his :censored2: overnight but he’ll still do it again, right?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The big problem is it’s everywhere and in every aspect of today’s business, everyone has just come to accept any service industry sucks, ups just jumped on the bandwagon in not giving a :censored2:. In a business sense why not? Joe Blow may bitch he didn’t get his :censored2: overnight but he’ll still do it again, right?
Who else is gonna do it? FedEx ground? Yeah, if you want your kid run over and strangled.