Who runs misloads in your center??

barnyard

KTM rider
If this intersection were in my area, I would bid the route and leave misloads there every day of the week. I would volunteer to run air on Saturdays so I could leave misloads there. Inyo Butte | Funny Sign Pictures
and every day I would call in, "Hey, guess where I left the misloads."

Last edited:

MC0493

My center is also quite committed to getting everything delivered everyday. Normally our pm air driver starts at 2pm and spends a while shuttling things around. Either that or we have to go deliver the package if its nearby or on the way in. Other times they're brought back to the center and people get sent back out.

DOK

Just wondering if drivers with low seniority are forced or if guys that want the hours volunteer. In my hub in the center I drive for low seniority drivers are forced usually Thursday's and Friday's. The center over its all guys with 15 years seniority and over that do them.
Sups run them. On their way home if need be. Orion has ended the need for us to run them.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Started as a cover driver first. Was pretty high up on seniority that I went full time almost a year after I started driving. So my pay rate was higher than if I would of gone straight into full time and not cover first.
A little information goes a long way. Apologies for not believing you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Started as a cover driver first. Was pretty high up on seniority that I went full time almost a year after I started driving. So my pay rate was higher than if I would of gone straight into full time and not cover first.

$27 * 2080 is about $54K. That means you would need to work about 800 hours of OT to gross $90K.

Siveriano

At our center we are told, if we have a misload we have to deliver it. If we are lucky and call it in before 1400 hours some one might come and get it, otherwise we have to attempt them.

Every package should have a valid attempt.

Me personally love to drive 90+ blocks to attempt 1 package, is the easiest money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At our center we are told, if we have a misload we have to deliver it. If we are lucky and call it in before 1400 hours some one might come and get it, otherwise we have to attempt them.

Every package should have a valid attempt.

Me personally love to drive 90+ blocks to attempt 1 package, is the easiest money.

90+ blocks?

Would you drive 90+ miles (R/T )?