Who to call to callout sick?

MoonGazing

Ok usually i never call out and i just dont show up but i want to be a changed man. I have my managers number but idk if i should call him to callout or is there a number for the building that i can use which probably would be better?.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ok usually i never call out and i just dont show up but i want to be a changed man. I have my managers number but idk if i should call him to callout or is there a number for the building that i can use which probably would be better?.
Calling your manager is the best thing. At my station we MUST speak to a manager, preferably our own. Do the right thing.

Star B

White Lightening
Yeah, call your manager, if you know they are off on vacation, then call the next manager or just call the station.

I prefer not to call the station because the managers are paid to deal with this, plus, some of our CSAs are bitches that will make snarky remarks because "THEY COME IN SICK ALL THE TIME".

Look, sitting on your ass dealing with traces and being on the phone is a little different than dodging traffic and driving all day.

Plus, if you are actually sick, banging in prevents the rest of the station coming down with whatever you have, so it's a win-win. It just sucks that being sick is so demonized by most because most people bang in 'sick' when they just want the day off... but that's another discussion.

dezguy

Your manager should have made his/her cell number available for his/her work group. If that fails, call the station and dial their extension. Beyond that, you what did should be expected from you.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
IMG_1408.GIF

dezguy

Tests no good here, the SM told us you must speak to a manager. BUT, good luck getting one of them to answer the phone. I call the main number and the gate keeper will track them down.
Too much work. The first phone, where I get an answering machine is the last number I'm calling (usually my managers cell). After that, too bad.

I have a record I called. I'm not playing phone tag when I'm not feeling well.

!Retired!

Our managers say you MUST speak to a manager. I text my manager and ask him when it's a good time to call.

P.S. I also use an ap that records all my conversations.