Who will deliver this package?

tarbar66

I guess I have been retired to long to remember who will be delivering this package. 1Z0AW057PPXXXXXXXX, I know it is a basic package, will UPS or USPS be delivering it to my daughters house?

browned out

yep we deliver packages to the post office with two barcodes one UPS and one USPS the package will have a po address where ups delivers it and your home address for the po to deliver it to. UPS is now the middleman. Sometimes I will have one package for the post office which they deliver to 3 elm. then I have a 2da package for 3 elm so instead of two packages to one stop; i deliver one to the po and other to the house. OK

probellringer

you know what...im tired of walking in to back of post office to deliver these---then waiting for someone to sign-----why dont we have them come and pick them up from us? they are not busy right?

beentheredonethat

I guess I have been retired to long to remember who will be delivering this package. 1Z0AW057PPXXXXXXXX, I know it is a basic package, will UPS or USPS be delivering it to my daughters house?
A UPS driver will deliver this the final mile. The two digit code "PP", means Basic - UPS Final Mile Delivery. "PT" stands for USPS final mile delivery.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS is the only company that starts their tracking w/ 1Z, so theres your answer.

It's not that simple. As was stated above, this depends upon the service code. PP means we will deliver while PT means it goes to the Post Office and they will deliver it the next work day.

I would estimate that about 1/3 of my residential packages are Basic which I deliver to the consignee.

tarbar66

A UPS driver will deliver this the final mile. The two digit code "PP", means Basic - UPS Final Mile Delivery. "PT" stands for USPS final mile delivery.

Thanks to you all. I just did not remember the exact service level indicators for Basic. My daughter did get her birthday present today along with another parcel for her daughters community service project at school.

SWORDFISH

It's not that simple. As was stated above, this depends upon the service code. PP means we will deliver while PT means it goes to the Post Office and they will deliver it the next work day.

I would estimate that about 1/3 of my residential packages are Basic which I deliver to the consignee.

The post office packages I have delivered have a whole other tracking # on them for the post office. If I were delivering it to the post office wouldnt the tracking # that was given to the consignee be the post office one since they were delivering it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The post office packages I have delivered have a whole other tracking # on them for the post office. If I were delivering it to the post office wouldnt the tracking # that was given to the consignee be the post office one since they were delivering it?

You would think so but that isn't always the case and that's one of the issues with Basic. Customers will track the pkg, see that it is out for delivery, and then check later only to see that it was delivered to the Post Office. Trying to explain Basic to a customer can be quite frustrating.

SWORDFISH

You would think so but that isn't always the case and that's one of the issues with Basic. Customers will track the pkg, see that it is out for delivery, and then check later only to see that it was delivered to the Post Office. Trying to explain Basic to a customer can be quite frustrating.

Sounds like a good time to just act confused then try explaining. Or just tell them that the postman didnt have enough work and you had to much so you gave him some. Then sometimes when he has to much you return the favor.