Who will we be fighting if we vote no!

BEE51

i know everyone is throwing up their arms and are already to vote no on these hybrid drivers, I for one am skeptical to this as well. But I want to point out to my fellow Teamster brothers and sisters that the UPS contract is not for what UPS people want and deserve but it’s for what the entire Teamsters want, we are the last cash cow that the teamster union has! If the pension system was based solely on our own contributions that we make, we would able to retire on a pension that the mechanics union has at $7200.00 a month after taxes! The teamsters union has been using our money for years to take care of all the other members for years. I will give you an example of this, the last contract the central states insurance fund needed our contribution back so that it could afford insurance for all the other non UPS members in the plan, this is plain and simple fact! The reason why we left the central states insurance in the first place was that it kept getting worse and worse as the company was making more money, this was the union doing not the company, period! We have to many non UPS BA’S and union officers who do not come through UPS and all you here these jerks say,”is how much we make but yet have no idea,”. The non UPS BA’S sit on our panel hearings and vote against us often, Hoffa supporters! You guys on the east coast supported Hoffa so please don’t complain! Until we see what’s in this contract see everything before we decide what to do, just remember who are we going to be fighting, the union has already gotten their money for everyone else so there is not going be a fight for us and the company already has got a handshake so they now know that it’s up to the union to pass this contract! I also want to point out that we if we lose Black Friday an average loss of $500.00 and cheaper insurance! We will be paying for our own raises! So who do we fight and how!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Vote no. Hopefully they give us a few bucks more to cover the shortfall. then grin and bear it just like every other teamster job that has gone down the toilet
God help ups freight if this is the crap they offered small package

BEE51

Agree but since we gave them the strike authorization, they will to strike and give us the same contact to sign saying, “It’s the best your going to get!”. We are so screwed!

specter208

Agree but since we gave them the strike authorization, they will to strike and give us the same contact to sign saying, “It’s the best your going to get!”. We are so screwed!
Keep voting NO or we should strike against our negotiators and have UPS people take their place.

brown_trousers

i know everyone is throwing up their arms and are already to vote no on these hybrid drivers, I for one am skeptical to this as well. But I want to point out to my fellow Teamster brothers and sisters that the UPS contract is not for what UPS people want and deserve but it’s for what the entire Teamsters want, we are the last cash cow that the teamster union has! If the pension system was based solely on our own contributions that we make, we would able to retire on a pension that the mechanics union has at $7200.00 a month after taxes! The teamsters union has been using our money for years to take care of all the other members for years. I will give you an example of this, the last contract the central states insurance fund needed our contribution back so that it could afford insurance for all the other non UPS members in the plan, this is plain and simple fact! The reason why we left the central states insurance in the first place was that it kept getting worse and worse as the company was making more money, this was the union doing not the company, period! We have to many non UPS BA’S and union officers who do not come through UPS and all you here these jerks say,”is how much we make but yet have no idea,”. The non UPS BA’S sit on our panel hearings and vote against us often, Hoffa supporters! You guys on the east coast supported Hoffa so please don’t complain! Until we see what’s in this contract see everything before we decide what to do, just remember who are we going to be fighting, the union has already gotten their money for everyone else so there is not going be a fight for us and the company already has got a handshake so they now know that it’s up to the union to pass this contract! I also want to point out that we if we lose Black Friday an average loss of $500.00 and cheaper insurance! We will be paying for our own raises! So who do we fight and how!
Its true. Our UPS pension money has become the unions piggy bank, that they give away to employees of all these other failed businesses.

Pension money coming from UPSers should never get paid out to non-UPSers

Ghost in the Darkness

The hand shake deal made it clear there will be no strike. We need to vote NO for as long as it takes... and there will be many rounds of crap proposals. IBT is supposed to represent us, not ups, & they are not the mediator, they are there to represent US. Our fight is with the union.

Zowert

Strike strike strike

Exactly what Boeing Machinist union workers were saying back in 2008, six weeks after striking everyone was complaining about their bills. Not saying UPS would let a strike carry on THAT long, either way strikes suck for everyone involved.