• He does

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Neither, the company will do away with the job

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteveOUPS

Me and my helper.
If there is a posting in my building for a full time car wash job, and me and another driver both want the job. My hire date is before his, but he has more full- time seniority than me. Who gets the job????

gorilla75jdw

the full time guy , duhhhh. That means you had the opportunity to go full time before he did since he had less company time than you , Maybe its just me but I see and hear of this problem time after time at my hub . The most common excuse will be , I don't know how to drive stick ,lol . Listen , wether you get the job or not , I hope you do , but for all who read this thread . " IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO GO FULL-TIME AT U.P.S. and don't wont to get jumped by someone who was hired after you , but you will bytch about a junior employee who takes a fulltime job and then has more seniority than you and is now able to take the vacation you wanted or get the extra work you wanted , or to a specific job within both of you guys same classification = then take the fulltime job before the junior guy , because if you don't then guess what , your screwed as far as all that comes with someone having more seniority than you . Thanks , That is all , if you still don't understand , buy some flash cards and start studying as if you did not want to ride the shortbus .

cb1969

full time seniority wins every time...sorry that you had more time but the other person gat a full time job before you..

iruhnman630

I am one of those who has several 'shorter time' employees above me in seniority as I hesitated going full time to exhaust all other career and life options first. Sucks now, but it was the right thing to do at the time. So every time I get burned by it I just smile, sigh, and say 'yup.' No complaining about it here.

This is true, however, can't you factor in your PT company years (example 20 PT years= 10 FT years) after your 1st year going FT to bump you up a bit on the senority list?

the full time guy , duhhhh. That means you had the opportunity to go full time before he did since he had less company time than you , Maybe its just me but I see and hear of this problem time after time at my hub . The most common excuse will be , I don't know how to drive stick ,lol . Listen , wether you get the job or not , I hope you do , but for all who read this thread . " IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO GO FULL-TIME AT U.P.S. and don't wont to get jumped by someone who was hired after you , but you will bytch about a junior employee who takes a fulltime job and then has more seniority than you and is now able to take the vacation you wanted or get the extra work you wanted , or to a specific job within both of you guys same classification = then take the fulltime job before the junior guy , because if you don't then guess what , your screwed as far as all that comes with someone having more seniority than you . Thanks , That is all , if you still don't understand , buy some flash cards and start studying as if you did not want to ride the shortbus .

Overpaid Union Thug

Seems like a job outside of the classification (in this case driving) should go by company seniority. I'm just thinking logically of course and aknowledge that logic isn't always a factor at UPS.

Last edited:

Stonefish

If there is a posting in my building for a full time car wash job, and me and another driver both want the job. My hire date is before his, but he has more full- time seniority than me. Who gets the job????
in the Central Region 2 full-time employees bid a job the one with the most full-time seniority gets the job.