Who's Working New Years Eve (or day)?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm working too, air only is easy money. I went home Monday morning, so I decided to make it up with some double time. I'll have to drag my mapbook out of my locker, I don't know a good bit of the route that will be thrown in with mine.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Not. We had to force from the bottom up for New Years Eve. People used to volunteer for this gravy. Says something about the morale of the workforce when you can't get people to work for 60 bucks an hour on top of holiday pay.

over9five

Staff member
Not. We had to force from the bottom up for New Years Eve. People used to volunteer for this gravy. Says something about the morale of the workforce when you can't get people to work for 60 bucks an hour on top of holiday pay.

Probably true. I didn't sign up, but they didn't get enough people and came around asking. So I'm helping out....

bumped

Probably true. I didn't sign up, but they didn't get enough people and came around asking. So I'm helping out....

I'm not "helping out"...I'm only doing it for the money. College will be expensive for the kids. Every little bit helps, and its as easy as it gets.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm working too, air only is easy money. I went home Monday morning, so I decided to make it up with some double time. I'll have to drag my mapbook out of my locker, I don't know a good bit of the route that will be thrown in with mine.

Yep, Ill be out there. Like Scratch, I took Monday off, so it all balances out.
We get two days a year to provide perfect service. Places that are closed, Hey there may be someone waiting for that NDA. No one yells about overallow, plus we are getting snow. So it will be a walk in the park. My boss said, and for once I agree. Its pretty bad when you have to "force' people to work for 60 bucks an hour. I agree, and Im there for that easy money, its the only day all year we make easy money, twice as sweet at twice the price.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
well you get sick days, we just never get sick, LOl, check your contract, they used to pull that on us too.

Bad Gas!

I just repaired the daughters car with a new timing belt, etc., etc....Grad Students need all the help they can get..I hope the weather backs off. (Cold rain down south.)..4 to 6 hours will be plenty for me...I used to request 8 hours and would need help to get it under 10 hours....Our dispatch guys smoke crack on a regular basis..

jenniferlynn

Well I'll be damned!! I had to look at last year's paystub...and I did get paid double-time, plus the holiday...I should have known that!! Sheesh!!

Brown Rocket

I am working the eve. They had to send a message yesterday. "We need ten more volunteers for tomorrow. If we do't get them we'll find them from the bottom up" I had already signed. I am running a Z car with 40 stops on it. They are all over town. Some I know some I don't but I have a good map. Cake.

It is sad when you have to force people to work for easy money.