Who's your account rep at your center???

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
At our center we haven't seen an account rep in months. There used to be account reps at the PCM on tuesdays to push sales leads and be there if any drivers needed to talk to them about p/u accounts. Our last 3 or so have disappeared, quit, fired, or whatever.

I am seeing the Fedex account reps actively going after our accounts with nothing or no one to counter them from our end. Pick up volume is being lost to Fedex and their active sales teams.

Can this be a result of center manager,s and on-roads total fixation with SPORH?

jaker

trolling
Good point , we must have the only sales rep that don't sell

i have told them a few times way back when they used to be at the hub go get us some sales you SALES rep

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
I was wondering if it's just at my center or does UPS think the sales team is a waste of money. Which by the way they were.

Notretiredyet

I stopped looking for sales leads, when they took our driver marketing time away. If someone asks to speak to a rep, I'll take their business card and give it to him at the weekly sales meeting.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The are pushing out the old guard (along with their salaries) and bringing in young folks( with young salaries). Think I'm exaggerating, ask one of the older account reps if you have any left.

didyousheetit

I've not seen a rep in several weeks to a few months ago. The last sales lead I put in was for a local franchise owner whose shop is open 6 days a week 10 a.m. til 8 p.m. and on our board at work showing dispositions for sales leads, the rep put unable to contact. Funny I'm there at least three days a week, I was able to contact.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We have 2 in our Center. I stuck my head in their cubicle the other morning. Both were there. I agree with the didyousheetit regarding unable to contact. Here's an idea, walk in the front door.

brostalss

Stopped doing sales leads a long time ago. No point to it. They never call them. We mess up the account sooner or later and lose it.

I lost a $15,000 a month account earlier this year. Management's fault.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have two account executives----one does smaller accounts ($500K or less/year) and the other the larger ones. It has been awhile since I have seen either one. When they are there they are very cooperative and work well with our shippers.

Indecisi0n

We have two account executives----one does smaller accounts ($500K or less/year) and the other the larger ones. It has been awhile since I have seen either one. When they are there they are very cooperative and work well with our shippers.

tumblr_mt7zt6aznc1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

upschuck

I have 4 BD folks in my building, but only one that I have any real respect for. She will do whatever she can to help me out, while the other one's normally say not their area, and to contact someone else.