Why adding delivery drivers to your holiday shopping list is a sweet idea: 'You feel appreciated and loved'

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Why adding delivery drivers to your holiday shopping list is a sweet idea: 'You feel appreciated and loved' - Yahoo

Leaving out treats for Santa is a holiday tradition, but what about snacks for Santa's helpers?

Not the elves at the North Pole, but delivery drivers from places like Amazon, FedEx and UberEats who make our holidays run smoothly by working hard to deliver the things we need to make holiday magic happen.

Each holiday season, we see Pinterest-worthy pictures of overflowing snack baskets set out for delivery drivers and catch headlines showing viral doorbell videos of drivers' reactions to treats left along their delivery routes. When I first saw these sweet ideas, I knew I wanted to leave out snacks for the drivers making rounds in my neighborhood.

Jenny Rosado, a delivery driver for United Parcel Service (UPS) in Stratford, Conn. has worked for the company for 30 years.

"You feel appreciated and loved," Rosado tells Yahoo Life of customers' kind gestures. "You know that they appreciate what you do for them."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It always brought a smile to my face to see the treat boxes/baskets, whether I took something or not. The thought was very much appreciated.
Rare for a residential tip, only the one or 2 that got a ton of packages every week. Mostly out of guilt. Always did well at local owned shops.